Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2002, 04:38 AM   #1
Ken
Bananaman

Question Message for JT!

JT,
Can you please change the title of the first message in the KC Box message area to read October 19th instead of 12th? I changed the text in the body of the message, but was unable to edit the title itself. PLEASE HELP!

Also, are you the same JT that works for Intel and posted a message about the Xscale processor yesterday on the Clie site? If so, I'd like to chat with you about Xscale.

Thanks,
Ken

Old 09-27-2002, 07:58 AM   #2
JT
Administrator and Founder

I will change the title for you.

Yes that was me on the Clie site

JT
Old 09-27-2002, 08:15 AM   #3
Ken
Bananaman

Ugh...

Yes I meant the 12th instead of the 19th, brain fart!

Do you want the PDF file for the new CLIE?

Ok, question on the Xscale, Intel promised us all this extra performance when we made the jump to 400mhz Xscales vs. 206mhz Strong ARMs, but so far in Pocket PC devices there is little difference.

As I understand it, it is because PocketPC is based on Win CE 3.0 and it isn't optimized for Xscale, but that Intel and Microsoft put some patches into PocketPC 2002 to tide users over and give them "some" performance increase, although there have been a lot of complaints about chopping media playback on some forums, something that PocketPC 2002 was supposed to be "patced" for XScale to improve performance.

What's the hold up on performance and when will it get better?

I also saw where XScale can scale down battery usage to extend battery life, but if you look at that new Clie, 5 hours of NON-Backlight usage is HORRIBLE battery life for a PDA, and it runs on Xscale. My own experience with XSCale PocketPC's is that battery life is about the same as on StrongARM, so again, where's the improvement?

Thanks!
Ken

Yes the 12th, change everything to 12!