Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Can someone do a Photoshop please?

Trying to decide whether or not to paint my roll bar windstop mesh inserts silver color. Can someone photochop this for me please?

Opinions welcome also, as to whether or not you think I should or shouldn't do it. Thanks in advance.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #2

here you go...

Old 05-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by idheaton
here you go...

Awesome, thanks!!

Now what do people think?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
I think you should get a nice set of Side Skirts.

Your car looks great!
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
I think you should get a nice set of Side Skirts.

Your car looks great!
Thanks. Trying to catch up to you.

Btw, my better half says the silver mesh looks too rice.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #6

Garage
I'd love to add a set of GT3 side skirts like yours TriGem2K, but I don't want to spend $750-$1,000 for a set. Any other options out there?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #7

keep them black, silver breaks up the flow
JoshMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:39 PM   #8

Naa, don't paint it. Since those pieces are removable and snap into/out of place, it will chip in no time. Then little silver chips of paint will fall on to your black convertible top. You'll try to wipe it off and end up smearing it into the fabric. You'll get a chemical cleaner to clean it up and it will only spread it deeper into the cloth. Then you'll set the rag, damp with chemical cleaner product, down on the ground. Moments later, while you go inside for some lemonade, some one walks by and flicks a cigarette by the rag -starting a fire. Now your garage is in flames. You try to get your car out of there and end up with 2nd degree burns on your car and singed arm hairs. You go to the doctor to have it checked out and it turns out she's super hot. She starts flirting with you and your significant other finds out. A torrid love affair ensues and your current lady bails on you. (Rightfully so jerk!) Turns out the doctor was just using you to make an X of hers jealous. It worked. Now she's back with him, you're single and left arm hairless, AND you just learned that your insurance won't cover the damage to your garage because you're being investigated for arson. All this because you wanted to paint your mesh wind blockers silver!?! Well, I hope you're happy now!

Pssh, silver.
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
I'd love to add a set of GT3 side skirts like yours TriGem2K, but I don't want to spend $750-$1,000 for a set. Any other options out there?
Yeah call DPS and talk to Dayton. He sold a set to a friend of mine for $500 shipped.......he forgot the hardware for one side it's still a heck of a deal.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #10

hey jeph!! did'nt that happen on an episode of friends?
jonnycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:54 AM   #11

Garage
Thanks Blinkwatt,

One question though, whats DPS? I Googled it and called Detroit Public Schools, Department of Planetary Sciences and the New York Stock Exchange (DPS stands for Dr. Pepper/Snapple) and none of them know Dayton.

So if you could help me with the name and possibly the phone number I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again Blinkwatt.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #12
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeph
Naa, don't paint it. Since those pieces are removable and snap into/out of place, it will chip in no time. Then little silver chips of paint will fall on to your black convertible top. You'll try to wipe it off and end up smearing it into the fabric. You'll get a chemical cleaner to clean it up and it will only spread it deeper into the cloth. Then you'll set the rag, damp with chemical cleaner product, down on the ground. Moments later, while you go inside for some lemonade, some one walks by and flicks a cigarette by the rag -starting a fire. Now your garage is in flames. You try to get your car out of there and end up with 2nd degree burns on your car and singed arm hairs. You go to the doctor to have it checked out and it turns out she's super hot. She starts flirting with you and your significant other finds out. A torrid love affair ensues and your current lady bails on you. (Rightfully so jerk!) Turns out the doctor was just using you to make an X of hers jealous. It worked. Now she's back with him, you're single and left arm hairless, AND you just learned that your insurance won't cover the damage to your garage because you're being investigated for arson. All this because you wanted to paint your mesh wind blockers silver!?! Well, I hope you're happy now!

Pssh, silver.
Haha. Funny guy.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:04 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Thanks Blinkwatt,

One question though, whats DPS? I Googled it and called Detroit Public Schools, Department of Planetary Sciences and the New York Stock Exchange (DPS stands for Dr. Pepper/Snapple) and none of them know Dayton.

So if you could help me with the name and possibly the phone number I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again Blinkwatt.
http://www.dps-motorsports.com/afterMarket/index.aspx
Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 PM   #14

Quote:

Pssh, silver.
best post on this forum ever

If people came from apes, why are there still apes?
lucky_topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:08 PM   #15
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
best post on this forum ever
Agreed!

I wouldn't paint them, especially if ^that^ is all you have to look forward too.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #16

Quote:

Pssh, silver.
Jeph, that was awesome ( even though I am just ok you guess ) !

Boxtaboy, leave 'em black...

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #17
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Guys, thanks for your opinions and the funny jokes. I'm keeping them black.