986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Can someone do a Photoshop please? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/16961-can-someone-do-photoshop-please.html)

Boxtaboy 05-30-2008 05:01 PM

Can someone do a Photoshop please?

Trying to decide whether or not to paint my roll bar windstop mesh inserts silver color. Can someone photochop this for me please?

Opinions welcome also, as to whether or not you think I should or shouldn't do it. Thanks in advance.

http://i25.tinypic.com/ravvva.jpg

idheaton 05-30-2008 05:48 PM

here you go...

http://www.boxster986.com/images/ravvva02.jpg

Boxtaboy 05-30-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idheaton

Awesome, thanks!! :cheers:

Now what do people think? :D

TriGem2k 05-30-2008 06:05 PM

I think you should get a nice set of Side Skirts.

Your car looks great!

Boxtaboy 05-30-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriGem2k
I think you should get a nice set of Side Skirts.

Your car looks great!

Thanks. Trying to catch up to you. ;)

Btw, my better half says the silver mesh looks too rice. :D

Jaxonalden 05-30-2008 06:14 PM

I'd love to add a set of GT3 side skirts like yours TriGem2K, but I don't want to spend $750-$1,000 for a set. Any other options out there?

JoshMD 05-30-2008 07:07 PM

keep them black, silver breaks up the flow

Jeph 05-30-2008 08:39 PM

Naa, don't paint it. Since those pieces are removable and snap into/out of place, it will chip in no time. Then little silver chips of paint will fall on to your black convertible top. You'll try to wipe it off and end up smearing it into the fabric. You'll get a chemical cleaner to clean it up and it will only spread it deeper into the cloth. Then you'll set the rag, damp with chemical cleaner product, down on the ground. Moments later, while you go inside for some lemonade, some one walks by and flicks a cigarette by the rag -starting a fire. Now your garage is in flames. You try to get your car out of there and end up with 2nd degree burns on your car and singed arm hairs. You go to the doctor to have it checked out and it turns out she's super hot. She starts flirting with you and your significant other finds out. A torrid love affair ensues and your current lady bails on you. (Rightfully so jerk!) Turns out the doctor was just using you to make an X of hers jealous. It worked. Now she's back with him, you're single and left arm hairless, AND you just learned that your insurance won't cover the damage to your garage because you're being investigated for arson. All this because you wanted to paint your mesh wind blockers silver!?! Well, I hope you're happy now!

Pssh, silver.

blinkwatt 05-30-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
I'd love to add a set of GT3 side skirts like yours TriGem2K, but I don't want to spend $750-$1,000 for a set. Any other options out there?

Yeah call DPS and talk to Dayton. He sold a set to a friend of mine for $500 shipped.......he forgot the hardware for one side it's still a heck of a deal.

jonnycool 05-30-2008 09:28 PM

hey jeph!! did'nt that happen on an episode of friends?

Jaxonalden 05-31-2008 09:54 AM

Thanks Blinkwatt,

One question though, whats DPS? I Googled it and called Detroit Public Schools, Department of Planetary Sciences and the New York Stock Exchange (DPS stands for Dr. Pepper/Snapple) and none of them know Dayton.

So if you could help me with the name and possibly the phone number I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again Blinkwatt.

Boxtaboy 05-31-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeph
Naa, don't paint it. Since those pieces are removable and snap into/out of place, it will chip in no time. Then little silver chips of paint will fall on to your black convertible top. You'll try to wipe it off and end up smearing it into the fabric. You'll get a chemical cleaner to clean it up and it will only spread it deeper into the cloth. Then you'll set the rag, damp with chemical cleaner product, down on the ground. Moments later, while you go inside for some lemonade, some one walks by and flicks a cigarette by the rag -starting a fire. Now your garage is in flames. You try to get your car out of there and end up with 2nd degree burns on your car and singed arm hairs. You go to the doctor to have it checked out and it turns out she's super hot. She starts flirting with you and your significant other finds out. A torrid love affair ensues and your current lady bails on you. (Rightfully so jerk!) Turns out the doctor was just using you to make an X of hers jealous. It worked. Now she's back with him, you're single and left arm hairless, AND you just learned that your insurance won't cover the damage to your garage because you're being investigated for arson. All this because you wanted to paint your mesh wind blockers silver!?! Well, I hope you're happy now!

Pssh, silver.

Haha. Funny guy.
:D

blinkwatt 05-31-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Thanks Blinkwatt,

One question though, whats DPS? I Googled it and called Detroit Public Schools, Department of Planetary Sciences and the New York Stock Exchange (DPS stands for Dr. Pepper/Snapple) and none of them know Dayton.

So if you could help me with the name and possibly the phone number I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again Blinkwatt.

http://www.dps-motorsports.com/afterMarket/index.aspx

lucky_topher 05-31-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Pssh, silver.

best post on this forum ever

rick3000 05-31-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky_topher
best post on this forum ever

Agreed! :D

I wouldn't paint them, especially if ^that^ is all you have to look forward too.

NickCats 06-02-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Pssh, silver.

Jeph, that was awesome ( even though I am just ok you guess ) !

Boxtaboy, leave 'em black...

Nick

Boxtaboy 06-02-2008 12:33 PM

Guys, thanks for your opinions and the funny jokes. I'm keeping them black. :cheers: