Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #1

Sold the boxster!!

Yep, he will be picking it up tomorrow

Sold for $23.000.00 , now its time to choose something new.

BYE GUYS!!!!!

I LOVE THIS FORUM

Old 05-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #2

Congratulations and have fun picking the next one.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
$23k!!!! Wha'd you do fill the rear trunk with Gold Bars?
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
$23k!!!! Wha'd you do fill the rear trunk with Gold Bars?

lol no, just got a good buyer
Old 05-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkboxster
lol no, just got a good buyer
I'll Say.

Put that money to good use and let us know what you buy.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #6

hey blk...use that money to buy a stock from oil company and within a year, i bet it would triple the value

good luck on your next hunt
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
I'll Say.

Put that money to good use and let us know what you buy.

lol, im still debating on getting a 330ci Zhp or a 2004 S4, what do you think?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #8

Between those two I'd always go for the S4. But then again I've owned three of them in the past two years.

I had an 02 S4, an 04, and an 05. All amazing cars, all very fun, and super luxurious. I have friends that liked them so much they traded in their cars to get S4's. Gas mileage was very poor though, especially with the V8. I averaged around 12 MPG with both the 04 and the 05. On the plus side I never had any issues with any Audi, and I've owned quite a few.

Never owned a 330, but I've owned an 05 M3 and an 05 Z4, and I must say that both cars are boring, overly hyped, and over priced. After the initial happiness of owning a performance BMW went away, the cars just didn't deliver.

If you are definitely going the sedan route there is no better car out there than the S4. It performs amazing in all weather, feels fast in any gear, handles and brakes well, and most importantly (for a lux sedan) drives like a civilized ultra-luxury sedan when you are just cruising.

I'll also add that I haven't found anything that delivers the same feel and experience of driving a Porsche, but if you could translate that experience to a sport sedan the S4 so so close.

Hope that helps!
concept84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #9

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! no offense, but I have people low balling me, and I'm willing to take $17,500, and I feel my Box is alittle nicer! Again, no offense, just my opinion. Good for you.
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986speedster
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! no offense, but I have people low balling me, and I'm willing to take $17,500, and I feel my Box is alittle nicer! Again, no offense, just my opinion. Good for you.
That is a beautiful car.
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #11
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Congrats. You got an awesome price for it! That's like what a 01 or 02 S fetches!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #12

I once got offered allot of cash for my car. WELL north of the bluebook value.
It was at one of these "west coast customs" type places where half the guys walking around did hard time. I thought the guy was full of crap but the owner who I know told me the guy wasn't kidding. He said a good "segment" of his customers are in "cash businesses" where they have lots of "cash" sitting around and they have no credit. They can't walk into a dealer and pay cash for the cars otherwise the dealer has to report them to the IRS who then start asking questions about why they have so much "cash" around. So they offer to buy cars from "regular" people at huge premiums so that the car sale or loan never registers under their name.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #13

thinking about picking up my cousins bmw he has, what you guys think?

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?car_id=243882724&dealer_id=43611890&car_year=2004&dealership_view_name=www.bimmersales.net&result_car_id=null&sort_type=make_modelASC&cardist=25
Old 05-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #14

wow i cant believe u got that much for it...man i bought my car about a yr ago for much much much much much less then that and its a 2001 haha. thats awesome but in my area they definitely go for much less than that

as far as the next car, i say go with the s4, they're amazing cars...but its a biased opinion as i own one

otherwise, if buying a bmw id go with an M3

good luck with the next purchase and let us know what you decide on

A careful driver is one who honks his horn when he goes through a red light
-Henry Morgan
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #15

Good job on the sale. $23K is a great price and I thnk any of us with 97-99s would sell at that price any day.

As for the Audi I personally would pass on it. I know many have no problems with theirs yet I also know many that have total lemons. Of course this is true of BMWs as well but it seems that amongst my own gorup of friends we have had too many major problems with out Audis.

I just sold my A4 and picked up a 335XI. The 335 is a blast to drive and in my opinion "feels" much better than my A4 with a sport package (of course my A4 was not a S4, but then again I am not comparing it to a M3).

The 335 has 100 horses more than my old box and gobs more tourque. The first time I finished driving the 335 and swapped back to my box I thought something was mechanically wrong with the car. I realized a few minutes later that nothing was wrong but that I was jst really short on power compared to the BMW.

To make a long story short. I loved the Audi but hated how many things went mechanically wrong. The BMW is just as good in finish etc. but drives better in my opinion. However, after getting used to the HP difference I still find that nothing can compare to driving a Porsche around. The boxster just makes me grin from ear to ear as well as attracts looks from everyone.

My wife and I was eating in a restaurant and our BMW was parked on the street along with another new 3 series and 3 911's (C4S, new TT and a 996). Most people that walked by did a double take while passing the TT and C4S but no one gave the bimmmers a glance. My wife was a little upset and commented how even though our car cost just as much as the 996 and C4s (used) and was practically brand new it just goes by unnoticed.

Our of my stable of current cars as of last week (Audi, Mercedes, bmw and Porsche) the Porsche gets my pick every time even though it was the oldest and cheapest of the bunch.

Carbon Everything
De-ambered
De-snorkled
Litronics
Eibach Pro Kit
Dansk Sport exhaust
Cheap Chinese headers
Silver console and bumperettes
AVIC D3
15mm H&R spacers in the rear
SSR GT3 19's
GT3 Carbon Replicas
Alcantera door panels
JL Aduio 5 channel powering Polks and Clif Designs

To do/complete:
Elemental Designs 10" subs in fiberglass enclosures behind seats
Carbon 3 spoke install with custom stereo control buttons (tiptronic wheel)
angman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #16

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
It was at one of these "west coast customs" type places where half the guys walking around did hard time. I thought the guy was full of crap but the owner who I know told me the guy wasn't kidding. He said a good "segment" of his customers are in "cash businesses" where they have lots of "cash" sitting around and they have no credit. They can't walk into a dealer and pay cash for the cars otherwise the dealer has to report them to the IRS who then start asking questions about why they have so much "cash" around. So they offer to buy cars from "regular" people at huge premiums so that the car sale or loan never registers under their name.

I'll have to remember to advertise my car around crack houses whenever I decide to sell it. I would have to wonder though when you deposit $20k or more in the bank in cash and they report it to the IRS (which I'm sure they would) wouldn't the IRS want to know who that money came from?
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
I'll have to remember to advertise my car around crack houses whenever I decide to sell it. I would have to wonder though when you deposit $20k or more in the bank in cash and they report it to the IRS (which I'm sure they would) wouldn't the IRS want to know who that money came from?

I think if you would deposit less than $10,000 a few times over a few weeks at different bank locations you would be ok, although this could be structuring. Anything over that amount the bank will have you fill out a Currency Transaction Report. If you try to deposit $9,999 twice more than likely the bank will generate a Suspicious Activity Report that gets sent to law enforcement agencies that deal with financial crimes. I would imagine all you have to do is prove that the cash is from the sale of a vehicle and you wouldn't have a problem, I'm sure cash vehicle deals happen all the time.
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #18

Thanks wanna...so..u wanna 986???
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986speedster
Thanks wanna...so..u wanna 986???
Gotta 986, but good luck on your sale
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #20
cartagena

That is some funny stuff! I was once offered 100 kilos for my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap