Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 AM   #1

Shippin' up to Boston

I have a 98 box with low miles down in South Carolina that has seen under 7000 miles in the last 5 years & I'm planning to bring it back up here to get more use out of it.

I called around to a few automotive shipping places a few months ago & got quotes ranging from the high $400 to over $1k for enclosed shipping. Those that had decent BBB ratings were in the $650 range.
Now the same ones are at $725 (fuel & summer demand are driving price). I'm ready to pull the trigger this week, but just wanted to get an opinion of someone that has done this before. Does this look reasonable? Any recommendations/things to look out for?

When I get it back up here, I'm planning on getting new wheels & tires then taking it to a Stealership for fluids & general tune up before I start really driving it again. Anything else I should consider?

TIA,
-B