Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #1

about power windows on 2005+

So I was thinking...and yes something burned, LOL you smelled it! about how these newer models of the Boxster have the power windows control in the door...I wanted to find out how anyone who owns these newer models are happy with this new designation. I personally prefer the console power windows. My issue is 1) they are not ergonomic and 2) it doesn't make sense to me to reach over and put the windows down. Any feedback on this?

teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
eqs

Don't worry Teacher, it's ...... easy. In my Benz it's by the console gearshift, in the 987 it's on the door. Is it a hassle or much different ...... no.

Don't use the windows much anyways as the top is almost always down. That's how I drove my Triumph, and that's how I drive this car. Back in the old days I'd always have windows (cranked) down, now with the windscreen I drive w/ windows up as at highway speeds you can easily crank tunes and be comfortable too. The Bose actually is a lot better than what others say.

And yes I know that you have to hear the flat 6.... I do - a lot. Pedal to metal and hear the roar......

I love it.
eqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #3

I just like to easily touch down on the console to lower my windows, rather than reach up awkwardly
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
eqs

I know teach, I just love my car for what it is rather than what it is not.

Life's too short. Enjoy.

Cheers, all the best

eqs is offline   Reply With Quote