Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #1

Sound Package Plus?

Any opinions on the quality of the sound package plus? I'm looking at purchasing a Boxster that only has the Preferred Package, and am wondering about the quality of the stereo system. The local dealer does not have a Boxster on the lot with this package, so no help there. Thanks.

hogplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
c4s

better sound

If it has the standard radio and Bose speakers the sound quality is good... If you want to go after market for great sound with ipod/sat radio/blue tooth and nav... install the pioneer avic d-3... and spend a few bucks on a good amp (alpine/memphis) and it will be better than anything Porsche offers today...

Porsche is always behind on the "goodies". We have two new BMW's in the garage and it was nice having the option packages already there... But I do love my Porsches... and the Box S with the top down is a wonderful ride... especially when I've got 700 road songs plugged into my ipod...

Good Luck.
c4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #3

I have XM radio, which is great, but what would be better is to be able to plug in my IPod, just a connection, a link is all I ask
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:23 AM   #4

It is standard on the 987S, which I have. Not bad albeit no rear speakers. But I can play with the bass, treble & balance to make it sound acceptable.
Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
It is standard on the 987S, which I have. Not bad albeit no rear speakers. But I can play with the bass, treble & balance to make it sound acceptable.
but still, either way, Porsche stereo blows away *ahem!* Toyota MR2, which I traded in for my Boxster...some ppl complain about the stereo sound in standard Porsche stereos, but I can't complain
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
bmussatti

Heck, spend the money on a louder exhaust!