Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #61

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
16 years old, Brand New Boxster, my insurance premium was $650/MONTH!!!!!

6.5 years later, Same Boxster, my insurance premium is $175/Month!

Talk about being raped monthly :ah:

-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #62

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
$650!!! Dang, that's steep! But now my insurance is higher than yours I think and I'm a lot older. Ridiculous. I'm sure our insurance in general is just higher here though.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #63

Wink

Come on people , time to change insurance carriers. I pay roughly $250/ 6 months. Yes thats / 6 months. I do have completely clean driving record however.
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #64

You pay $250 every six months?!? Did I read that correctly?

Mine is $1,370.22 every six months. That's with multiline discount, antitheft discount, vehicle safety discount, and accident-free discount.

But then I live in New Orleans where someone was mugged at 9:00 a.m. about a block from where I live by thieves driving a stolen car.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
You still have the probe ???
I know, it's sad. I still drive it too! It keeps me busy though -I always work on it (because it breaks all the time). It's not so much a matter of keeping it running as it is keeping my mind/hands busy. It's a project to me -something to mess with when I'm bored. Believe it or not, I'm finished with any and all mods to the Boxster, so this is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
I can guarantee that once my wife and I pay off our house in a few years, I'll be buying another toy. May be a 911, may be a new Chris Craft, maybe an island house on Lake Winnipesauke.
Haha, Dr. Leo Marvin.
(Please tell me some one gets that reference.)
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #66

Do the math

Truman was president when I was born.

Bought an '02 Boxster about a month ago. Been looking at them for a year or so and decided to grab one before I am too old to really enjoy it! Have a '04 A4 and a '94 Miata (which I need to sell). The insurance on the Boxster is about the same as the A4.

First auto I ever owned was a '68 MGB (BRG with wire wheels) back in college not counting the blue Champion pedal car back in the day. And, yea, I still have the Champion.

BTW, first post here. Been browsing a little to learn more about this fun trouble mobile I now have.
ISUnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #67

Who cares how old we are?

I believe we are all on this forum because we have a passion for performance cars in general and P-cars in particular. I bought mine last year when I was 38. It was not a mid-life crisis car. I always wanted a well made, beautiful and superbly handling high performance car. However, until last year, I had more pressing concerns. Ridiculous school loans, mortgage, kids, retirement, food.... etc. etc. When I felt that finally I could slow down a little from my work and have my finances under control... I bought it. Everytime I sit in it, instant smile.

Lil Bastard - No wonder you know so much about cars. Your list of cars just goes on and on. How did you afford them all? You seem to be a hands on guy and not a silver spoon inheritance guy. Just curious.

mchi5 - gotta be careful my man. Interesting thread but remember, life goes by pretty fast. Guys you think that are old and past their prime will be you soon enough. My good friend who races motorcycles is in his late 40's and he is in better shape than I ever was in my early 20's.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:55 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjkim550
Who cares how old we are?

I believe we are all on this forum because we have a passion for performance cars in general and P-cars in particular. I bought mine last year when I was 38. It was not a mid-life crisis car. I always wanted a well made, beautiful and superbly handling high performance car. However, until last year, I had more pressing concerns. Ridiculous school loans, mortgage, kids, retirement, food.... etc. etc. When I felt that finally I could slow down a little from my work and have my finances under control... I bought it. Everytime I sit in it, instant smile.

Lil Bastard - No wonder you know so much about cars. Your list of cars just goes on and on. How did you afford them all? You seem to be a hands on guy and not a silver spoon inheritance guy. Just curious.

mchi5 - gotta be careful my man. Interesting thread but remember, life goes by pretty fast. Guys you think that are old and past their prime will be you soon enough. My good friend who races motorcycles is in his late 40's and he is in better shape than I ever was in my early 20's.
Oh, come on! You put off getting your Boxster because you just wanted to eat? You've got to make sacrifices. I eat only ramen and live in my parents' house. (Just kidding.)

But seriously, we do get "old" before we know it. I used to look at guys that were in their 40s or 50s and think they were old farts. Now I often look at them and wonder if they are single. Guess they aren't old farts anymore. Scary how fast lift flies by.

And btw, I had a 944 when I was 16, so I guess if the Boxster had been out I'd have had that instead. I ended up having to sell it when I moved away and no longer had my dad to help me maintain it. I always wanted another P-car but never had the opportunity until now.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #69

I was 30 when I bought my Boxsters and i've had it for 6 years.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #70

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjkim550
A while back Jim won some money in Vegas........
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #71

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
He was also apart of a rap group called

"Desnorklers"

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:49 AM   #72
eqs

Quote:
hjkim550 Who cares how old we are?

Me too. Actually, I think I'm going to go for a drive now. Top down always and flash other Pcars.

Cheers

Oops, that didn't work right, did it (......backing up in shame)

Last edited by eqs; 05-01-2008 at 10:52 AM.
eqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
He was also apart of a rap group called

"Desnorklers"

OMG that picture had me laughing so hard my dog ran off.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
OMG that picture had me laughing so hard my dog ran off.
its what I do...

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 05-01-2008, 07:59 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
Maybe he won some money...or maybe he just faked an email from Steve Wynn.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #76

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
I'm 35 now. I'll be 36 very soon.

My long list of fine vehicles...don't be jealous

Age 16 - 1982 Olds Cutlass Supreme inherited from Grandma (totaled, my fault)
Age 17 - 1986 Chevy Caprice Classic (loaner from Dad)
Age 20 - 1990 Isuzu Stylus (totaled, not my fault, thank you)
Age 22 - 1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback w no passenger side mirror (totaled in 95, not my fault but feeling cursed at this point)
Age 24 - Got married and inherited a spectacular 1986 Hyundai Excel POS
Age 25 - 1995 Honda Civic DX Hatchback after my wife totaled the first one- passenger side mirror this time
Age 29 - 2002 VW Beetle
Age 30 - 1964 VW Karmann Ghia Type 34
Age 32 - 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Age 34 - 2005 Saturn Vue V6 (for the wife)

top that list biatches!!!!

Age 35 - the only car that ever mattered
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest

Last edited by TimAustinW; 05-01-2008 at 08:21 PM.
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAustinW
I'm 35 now. I'll be 36 very soon.

My long list of fine vehicles...don't be jealous

Age 16 - 1982 Olds Cutlass Supreme inherited from Grandma
Age 17 - 1986 Chevy Caprice Classic
Age 20 - 1990 Isuzu Stylus
Age 22 - 1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback w no passenger side mirror
Age 24 - Got married and inherited a fine fine 1986 Hyundai Excel POS
Age 25 - 1995 Honda Civic DX Hatchback after my wife totaled the first one- passenger side mirror this time
Age 29 - 2002 VW Beetle
Age 30 - 1964 VW Karmann Ghia Type 34
Age 32 - 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Age 34 - 2005 Saturn Vue V6 (for the wife)

top that list biatches!!!!

Age 35 - the only car that ever mattered
LOL a challenge a!

I'm 25 and I'll start from my first car I purchase when I was 18

-1967 ford mustang 289 coupe
-1997 mitsubishi eclipse rs
-1997 mitsubishi eclipse gst
-1990 nissan 300zx twinturbo
-1965 Porsche 912
-1995 bmw 525i-1967 ford mustang 289 Eleanor project car
-1993 nissan 300zx twinturbo
-1997 bmw z3
-1991 nissan 300zx twinturbo
And last but not least 1997 Porsche boxster.
Now that's 11 cars in the 7 years I had a license so we are tied... Quick...! Rock paper scissors!

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
Old 05-02-2008, 03:28 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
LOL a challenge a!

I'm 25 and I'll start from my first car I purchase when I was 18

-1967 ford mustang 289 coupe
-1997 mitsubishi eclipse rs
-1997 mitsubishi eclipse gst
-1990 nissan 300zx twinturbo
-1965 Porsche 912
-1995 bmw 525i-1967 ford mustang 289 Eleanor project car
-1993 nissan 300zx twinturbo
-1997 bmw z3
-1991 nissan 300zx twinturbo
And last but not least 1997 Porsche boxster.
Now that's 11 cars in the 7 years I had a license so we are tied... Quick...! Rock paper scissors!

Oh, no, no, no ....my challenge is not the number of cars. You've got a list of memorable cars there CJ. My challenge is "who can top my list of crappy automobiles?". Aside from my Boxster (of course), my wifes VW Beetle and my Karmann Ghia T34 I have some real gems there (in comparison). I mean who else here has had the pleasure of commanding the power of a 1987 Hyundai Excel? It boasted a screaming 90 hp and whenever I got out of the car I'd have to unhook the battery or the engine fan would continue to run and drain it. Can't tell you how many times that POS left me stranded.

But I don't want to hijack this thread Let's just say I REALLY REALLY appreciate my Boxster.
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
Old 05-02-2008, 04:54 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAustinW
Oh, no, no, no ....my challenge is not the number of cars. You've got a list of memorable cars there CJ. My challenge is "who can top my list of crappy automobiles?". Aside from my Boxster (of course), my wifes VW Beetle and my Karmann Ghia T34 I have some real gems there (in comparison). I mean who else here has had the pleasure of commanding the power of a 1987 Hyundai Excel? It boasted a screaming 90 hp and whenever I got out of the car I'd have to unhook the battery or the engine fan would continue to run and drain it. Can't tell you how many times that POS left me stranded.

But I don't want to hijack this thread Let's just say I REALLY REALLY appreciate my Boxster.

I think the '89 Jaguar I had could challenge your Hyundai Excel as far as leaving me stranded or otherwise driving me insane. That car had electrical problems and was possessed by the devil. I think I kept it a total of six months.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #80

That sucks. I bet you were really excited when you first got the Jag. At least you were stranded in style

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
I think the '89 Jaguar I had could challenge your Hyundai Excel as far as leaving me stranded or otherwise driving me insane. That car had electrical problems and was possessed by the devil. I think I kept it a total of six months.