Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 06:39 PM   #1

Side mirror used to tilt when in reverse

Guys,
When I first got my Boxster I noticed that when I put it in reverse the side mirror would tilt down showing me the tires and ground when it was in reverse. It hasn't done this in a while and I was wondering if there is a trick to make it work again...

Does this make sense?

-Steve

chitowndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #2

This feature allows you a view of the Right side rear tire so as not to curb the wheel when parallel parking.
Rareair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:57 PM   #3

Steve, Do you have memory seats? My Turbo had them and this feature only worked if you programmed it wth the seat feature. Check your manual under the memory seat functions?

Roger
Westwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #4

I seem to recall that you activate the "mirror-dipping" by setting the seat memory while the car is in reverse. I don't know what you do if you have manual seats. I know that I had to look it up in the owner's manual so the non-memory seat process should be in there as well.
Ofishbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
SHC

I fellows, new to this forum and I have really appreciated all the hints and advise.

I have a 06' 987 S and have noticed this as well. I'm not sure if the seat memory is tied into this or not, it may be, but in my car if I turn the mirror adjust dial to the neutral setting the mirrors reidrects down when i put it into reverse.

hope this helps.
SHC
SHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #6

Talking Mirror in reverse

On my 2008 (manual, power seats and parking assist package) the passenger door mirror goes down when the mirror adjustment knob is set in the 'right' or passenger mirror position and you shift into reverse.
jwdbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
SHC

I think JWD is right, i stand corrected.
sc
SHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:21 AM   #8

cool

Glad I read this thread, my old Acura CL-S had this feature and it was great. I always keep my mirror adjustment set to nuetral - just from habit of other cars, you can "bump" the control and screw up your mirror settings.
I'll set the switch on my 06 S to the passenger mirror and see if it works with my manual seat version.
BTW, do you guys know how much those power adjustable seats weigh?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:19 PM   #9

I believe that the car has to be in reverse when the seat is programed like an earlier writer said. It has nothing to do with the mirror switch. Should be in your owner's manual too. Read slowly....I don't think it's obvious.

Bob

Bobiam is offline   Reply With Quote