Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 01:51 AM   #1

Aftermarket Turbo Look Front Bumpers

Has anyone fitted one of these onto their cars? I've seen a few shops selling them. www.essentialstyling.com is one of them. Any others?

clubhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #2
porsche986

Hi, i bought one of the essentialstyling turbo look front bumpers and wasnt impressed at all. I paid £606 for it and was annoyed to find it was cheap F/G and didnt even fit. I had to sand it down to fit the boxster, anyways i didnt like it so i sold it on ebay for around £200 so i lost £400.00 in 2 month.

If you want my advice, stay well away from the turbo look and try ordering a 996 turbo bumper and mod it. I was going to sell it to scott on this forum but couldnt as i didnt want to sell him it as it wouldnt be fair so i stuck it on ebay as bids from £10.00 no reserve. and got £200 to a body repair shop.
Make sure you REALLY wanna do it as if you aint 100% you will never like it and its alot of money to waste.

I must also add, i have seen the bumper on other boxsters and it looks great, but its alot of hassle getting to that stage and for me it wasnt worth it. Big mistake for me that cost me a lot of money.

essential styling are a good company and Simon the salesman is great, but the F/GLASS bumpers just dont fit right and never feel right. Stay with plastic!

hope this help...
Old 11-09-2004, 04:40 PM   #3

I appreciate this piece of valuable info. Especially since I would have paid about GBP350 for just the shipping alone.

On the original 996 turbo bumpers, are the width of the bumper the same as the Boxster? Meaning the only thing we need to modify will likely be all the mounting points? But I sense you're totally frustrated with your previous experience (which you should be) so did not explore further....

There is another company based in US that has similar offerings. http://www.cars.engisoft.net/Catalog/ProductView1.asp?ProductId=1666. It looks gorgeous in the photo especially with the lips....

Again, thanks for this piece of advise...
Old 11-10-2004, 01:02 AM   #4
porsche986

hi

yer that pic does look superb!.

as for the 996 bummper i think it would need very little work to mod it. When i say 996 turbo i think you can also use the carrera c4 as that has the same bumper also.

I may be wrong but it might even be a direct swap i just wish i thought of that 4 months ago

I think there must be members on here who can help in this idea.

heres a few little pics below of the turbo bumper fitted.
they look very nice.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:10 AM   #5

Re: hi

Nice I noticed the first photo is almost identical to the one listed on the Engisoft website. The only difference being the "SpeedArt' license plate. Is there a company in UK that carries that also?
Old 11-10-2004, 01:32 AM   #6
porsche986

I aint sure, i know lots of websites that change the plates to there company logo to make the car theres. I do know for a fact that ess styling has many expamples all by them and there is also a great place.

www.fvd.de

go to the boxster range its very good with some stunning items.use the link on the bottom of the website called online shop and not the one at the top.

Last edited by porsche986; 11-10-2004 at 01:35 AM.