Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #21

I was waiting on seeing a windrestrictor on a car before ordering mine. The tinted looks better t and darker that I thought. Thanks for posting pics Kirk my order will be made monday.

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
Thanks for posting pics Kirk my order will be made monday.
Cool... what kind of design are you going to get etched?
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #23

I am going simple and subtle.
Tinted screen with PORSCHE on the bottom centered in Black. I've spoke to the maker and he says the black will be able to be seen but it would be a subtle touch.

It should create and subtle look that goes with my black theme.
I already made a tinted windscreen but the idea of a properly done screen has won me over.

I also toyed with the idea of doing a tinted screen with PORSCHE in red. I think it would look good but not flow with the car. And then the idea of etching TURBO crossed my mind but SLEEPER is more my style. (Can my car be called a sleeper??)

Growing up the car magazines said how amazing Porsches are. Was I brainwashed? Somehow...I doubt it.

http://www.pcars.us/albums/10641_porsche_cars.jpg
Gary in BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:49 AM   #24

Quote:

"Can my car be called a sleeper??"

Posted by Gary in BR.

Not around here...
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #25

Many Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
I received my Windrestrictor today via UPS. The shipping was pretty quick and I am extremely happy with what I received. The quality is top notch and they made a custom design exactly the way I wanted it. Here's a picture comparing my standard windscreen to the tinted Windrestrictor that I received. The Porsche windscreen looks a little smaller just because of the angle of the camera. They're actually exactly the same size. Obviously from the big "S" on the Windrestrictor you can probably guess that my Boxster is an S model.

Thanks again for the great feedback. We've had lot's of inquiries about the tinted version... Just to clarify, our tinted version is not surface tint. It's died all the way through the product therefore you will not have to worry about peeling or fading at all......
Windrestrictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:27 PM   #26

Garage
Hey (Captain) Kirk,

Thats one heck of a seat cover you have there, sure would be nice to see a few more shots for your "986 Forum" friends
Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Hey (Captain) Kirk,

Thats one heck of a seat cover you have there, sure would be nice to see a few more shots for your "986 Forum" friends

Well as luck would have it there are more photos on the schedule for about two weeks from now. I'm finishing up a bunch of mods and then Memorial Day weekend my Assistant and I are headed over to the coast for some relaxation and a couple photo shoots of her with the car near the beach and redwoods. Sorry though, no thong photos like the Colombian girl.

Stay tuned...
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #28

Hey Windrestrictor: are you making tinted replacement windscreens (plain - no beer ads, unicorns, etc.) for "987" Boxsters?
Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #29

Garage
Kirk,

You know how to make your Forum friends very happy, we can't wait!!

Disclaimer: We are in no way promoting the photography of prohibited or mischievous acts that are of a sexual nature of any kind, unless Kirk thinks his girl is that hot .

Last edited by Jaxonalden; 05-15-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Jaxonalden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #30

Here's another photo of my Windrestrictor and my Assistant. There are a few more photos in the "Show and Tell" section too, but this is the best one of the Windrestrictor. I like the way the "S" looks like it's just floating there.