Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #21

Sorry to hear about what happened. Ouch is right!! Glad you're ok.

But, I am sure someone here has an extra 17" turbo wheel lying around that they'd be happy to unload?? Anyone??

Keep us posted!

dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Ouch! That's one costly mistake. It does take a little getting used to driving a Boxster compared to an SUV. When I drove my Lexus SUV sometimes I'd just park up on the curb. Do all Boxster have the passenger side rearview mirror angle down when in reverse or is that only in certain years? It took a little getting used to at first to look over and see the thing pointing down, but now I like the feature when parking.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:01 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
Do all Boxster have the passenger side rearview mirror angle down when in reverse or is that only in certain years? It took a little getting used to at first to look over and see the thing pointing down, but now I like the feature when parking.
Alas no... LB, I have a 2004 and my passenger mirror does not flip down in reverse. I think the feature became standard in 05 with the major redesign. Lots of features that the original owner paid extra for (thank goodness, not me), became standard in the 05 and beyond.

AZDan, sorry about your bad break. Hope you get your Boxster back soon, with minimal damage to your wallet.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:40 AM   #24

Been there, done that...

Phew...I thought I was the only one!!

I had to replace my drivers side rear wheel after hitting a curb at speed. Felt like I was driving on a washing machine the wheel was so far out of round. I took it to the shop and they found an out of shape wheel but not a bent control arm. I got a 17" wheel off ebay - I got it from a wheelshop in Detroit (will see if I can get the name) - was perfect on delivery (looked brand new) and have had no problems since.

I hope you get this one resolved soon - clearly you need a better start to your boxster days!! Good luck! ANd welcome to the club!!
kiwiinneworleans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjkim550
Alas no... LB, I have a 2004 and my passenger mirror does not flip down in reverse. I think the feature became standard in 05 with the major redesign. Lots of features that the original owner paid extra for (thank goodness, not me), became standard in the 05 and beyond.

I have not read every post on this thread, but as an fyi my 2000 Boxster S does have the passenger side view mirror that tilts down in reverse to help park without rubbing the curb. Great feature. I don't know if it was standard or an option in 2000. I would think something as simple as that should be standard on the base or S.

2000 Boxster S: 18" Turbo wheels w/color crests, Litronics, Onboard Computer, Traction control, Cruise, Painted rollbar, Leather interior, Aluminum package, headlight washers, Porsche GT3 seats, windstop, Hi Fi six speaker amp package, DSP, CDR 220, Limited Slip, side airbags, BK Rollbar extender.
2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote