Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: parkslope
Posts: 73
boxster is a girls car? not again!

A few handles and discussion in 986 board and I begin to wonder, is this a fact Boxster is a Porsche with panties? lets prove them wrong!
post some boxster track photos! please no photos of grandpa holding on to your boxster or parking lot pics.

porscheracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where the Sewer Meets the Sea, CA. USA
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Theres no point, its as pointless as a fixed up civic owner trying to prove to us that there car is cool, tough & macho.
__________________
--Proud Boxster Owner/Tech,

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: los angeles
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheracer01
A few handles and discussion in 986 board and I begin to wonder, is this a fact Boxster is a Porsche with panties? lets prove them wrong!
post some boxster track photos! please no photos of grandpa holding on to your boxster or parking lot pics.
insecure much?
__________________
that guy "boxsterz" thinks you're a poser. i disagree.
humara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by humara
insecure much?
LOL.... I did a search for Manly boxster pics and nothing came up. It kept showing pictures of these cars for some reason??
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
'03 3.2L GuardsRed/Blk/Blk---6Spd
Options: Litronics, 18" Carrera lights, Bose sound, Painted to match roll bars.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...Mautocross.jpg

Last edited by Adam; 04-01-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calif
Posts: 16
My boxster is definately a girls car. Picked up many women with it
achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung
My boxster is definately a girls car. Picked up many women with it
Well that makes sense. They want to get to know you so they can drive your car because they think it looks "cute."!!
__________________
'03 3.2L GuardsRed/Blk/Blk---6Spd
Options: Litronics, 18" Carrera lights, Bose sound, Painted to match roll bars.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...Mautocross.jpg
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Big D, Texas
Posts: 16
I have a good friend who loves roadsters. His big flaw is that he has owned two Miatas in the past 10 years. We have hounded him relentlessly about his "Chick Cars". He hated it, but took the ribbing in good humor. He always asks me what sort of car he should own. I always answered with "Boxster".

Just the other day, he called to say I should come over and see his new car. He was so proud of himself that he finally is not driving a "Chick Car". I hurried over to his house only to find him standing next to a cherry red Thunderbird! I couldn't stop laughing.

Not sure if we are still friends anymore!
__________________
2003 Boxster - Meridian Silver Metallic / Black
Bitter Gnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Palm Coast FL
Posts: 256
I'll admit that it seems more women check me out when I'm in the Boxster S than men, or so it seems.

And I agree about Miatas - my Mom has one and she is 63 years old. But with all due respect, they make decent track cars and it recently won some kinda aclaim over the Boxster simply due to it costing half the price.
Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
Here we go again....YES, Boxsters are girly car! Just ask LoveBunny & Boxstergirlie

I would say that, yes they do attract women like what achtung said but the only women that get attracted to while driving it is my wife
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 352
It just doesn't help much when you see a picture of Paris Hilton driving up in a Boxster.
__________________
2000 Black Boxster S
EVO Intake & GIAC Tuning
Headers & Porsche Sport Exhaust System
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Posts: 36
here's all i had on my work computer. a few AX pics. my buddy has a yellow 986, we all call it his cute yellow miata.
986barnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: parkslope
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986barnum
here's all i had on my work computer. a few AX pics. my buddy has a yellow 986, we all call it his cute yellow miata.

thanks for photos, but dude whats with the PCA instructor?
porscheracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: parkslope
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtung
My boxster is definately a girls car. Picked up many women with it

I hope over 17?
porscheracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #14
There Is No Substitute.
 
rick3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,129
Garage
The Boxster isn't a chic car, but plenty of girls drive them and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'd rather have lots of girls looking at me in a Porsche because they think it's, 'cute,' than have a bunch of guys looking at me because I'm in a truck. (I say trucks, because they normal bad mouth sports cars the most, in my experience)
Plus, I don't need a big truck to compensate!
__________________
1999 Ocean Blue Metallic Boxster - blueboxster.com
rick3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Brucelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Des Moines, IA
Posts: 8,083
I am tempted to ban this topic forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Rich Belloff

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,033
Ok, here's my contribution.


[IMG][/IMG]

And to make this thread feel more macho, here's special contribution from my girlfriend
[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
'03 3.2L GuardsRed/Blk/Blk---6Spd
Options: Litronics, 18" Carrera lights, Bose sound, Painted to match roll bars.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...Mautocross.jpg

Last edited by Adam; 04-01-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: parkslope
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
The Boxster isn't a chic car, but plenty of girls drive them and there is nothing wrong with that.

I'd rather have lots of girls looking at me in a Porsche because they think it's, 'cute,' than have a bunch of guys looking at me because I'm in a truck. (I say trucks, because they normal bad mouth sports cars the most, in my experience)
Plus, I don't need a big truck to compensate!

yes, we demand respect from cute girls...
porscheracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calif
Posts: 16
There is an episode of "Two and a Half Men" that implies that a Boxster is a girls car. Pretty funny episode
achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Jose, CA.
Posts: 1,359
And here's mine...last season's AX







unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve00s
It just doesn't help much when you see a picture of Paris Hilton driving up in a Boxster.
Last pic I saw of her was in a SLR Mclaren, but that was a few years ago though

__________________
2005 S silver/black
Most people are like slinkys - not good for much, but will bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs...
PWebRPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page