Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #1

Carrera GT sighting

I stopped by my local Porsche dealer (Leith in Cary, NC) to do a little after hours tire kicking after work tonight, and saw this in the showroom. It looks like it can fly! Too bad these things are so expensive. Photos aren't the best, taken at night through glass.

Joe

TorpedoZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
bmussatti

I figure if I pack my lunch every day vs going out, with the money saved I can buy one of those bad boys in another 37-39 years! I'll need to take a lot of Advil everyday so my old joints work well enough to get in & out.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:57 AM   #3

Is it just me?

No question the exterior of the CGT is pure eye candy but I went limp when I looked inside and saw the Great Wall of China that is the center console. Since I'd have to sell my house, my cars, give up golf, and sell my soul at least twice to be able buy one (and it'd be my only earthly posession), I'd want something less substantial than that blocking my view of Cheetah's friends.

But maybe it's just me...
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #4

I had the pleasure of sitting in a C-GT in Springfield. Beautiful car no doubt but, I was partial to the red early 90's italian supercar across the showroom.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
I figure if I pack my lunch every day vs going out, with the money saved I can buy one of those bad boys in another 37-39 years! I'll need to take a lot of Advil everyday so my old joints work well enough to get in & out.

I'm thinking if I stop eating sushi and replace it with Ramen every day I could save up enough eventually. But then I'll probably be so fat from eating nothing but Ramen I won't fit in the car. Who wants to see a 5'0" tall, 300 pound woman in a sports car?!?
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #6

Wink

Extra cool ! I came extremely close to buying a boxster at that very dealership. It was between a 2005 at that dealer or a 1998 at another dealer. I went with the 98' simply because i felt it was the better deal ( or maybe because I'm cheap ). Anyway I go to leigh porsche in Cary once in a while just to dream and drool.

gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote