Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #1

Trunk pops when clutch goes out...

Ok, so this is really weird. Today when I release the clutch or unlock the doors via the remote the front trunk pops. The weird thing is that I start the car, start driving it and then the front trunk pops open when I let out the clutch.

So then I played with the switch and it stopped the opening when I used the remote. I'm not sure if I solved the poping when the clutch goes out - more tomorrow.

The only thing that I've recently done on my car is to replace the 2 door subs so I'm wondering if I have a short that's triping the door latch mechanism but that doesn't make any sense.

Anyone else also have this issue?

-Steve

chitowndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #2

Figured it out

I figured out my own problem! Woo hoo.

When I was replacing the door speakers my leg was resting on the front hood release button. I must have jammed the front one a little with my leg resting on it. Once I played with the switch a few times, the issue went away. The act of letting the clutch out must have put a little vibration on the switch / frame.

Anyways, my issue is solved...

-Steve
chitowndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #3

Front trunk pops open

Thanks Steve. I ran into the same problem this week. Mine started happening after I had someone replace the convertible top cables.

I am hoping that your solution works.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowndad
I figured out my own problem! Woo hoo.

When I was replacing the door speakers my leg was resting on the front hood release button. I must have jammed the front one a little with my leg resting on it. Once I played with the switch a few times, the issue went away. The act of letting the clutch out must have put a little vibration on the switch / frame.

Anyways, my issue is solved...

-Steve

donjoz is offline   Reply With Quote