Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #1

Cluster Clock Post

Does anyone have a damaged or scraped cluster??

I just purchased a Cluster from Road and Race in California and it came with both control post and the reset knobs missing even though I asked before I purchased the cluster if it was complete and if the posts were intact and the guy from Road and Race said and I quote "its complete and in perfect condition". So I don't know if this guy is on the forum or not but thanks for the not so perfect cluster. The guy from Road and Race had to disassemble this cluster and remove the posts before he shipped it.

So now I need the control post from a cluster because the original cluster in my car has the post broken and now I have a "NEW" cluster with no control posts,

I need two control post I can purchase the two knobs but not the posts for the cluster

brian2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #2

Here is the part number for the pegs. 996 641 911 00 I think they are about nine dollars at Pelican parts. Good luck
Bad Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Company
Here is the part number for the pegs. 996 641 911 00 I think they are about nine dollars at Pelican parts. Good luck

Thanks for the reply but I think that is the part number for the knob not the post located inside the cluster
brian2034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Porscheectomy

What does he say when you ask about the knobs now.

blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote