Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
PaPorsche

I'm a new member and thought I'd start off by saying thank you. This website has a lot of very useful information that helped me in my recent decision to purchase a used 2000 Boxster, not the S model. I've owned many cars and performance motorcycles but this is my first Porsche. I hope to find as much useful info/advice on this site as I can. I also have a 73Cuda that I drag race but the Boxster is going to be my new daily driver.
Adam

Old 03-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and don't forget to post pics.
wvicary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
congrats on the new wheels! Like you've decided, so have I when I purchased my boxster to have it be a daily driver. Its by far the most entertaining vehicle ive used as a daily driver which ive had many in the short 8 years ive had a license.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #4

Welcome, Pa!
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #5

Welcome to the board Pa!

I too am a new owner and the advice from 986 hugely affected which car I ended up buying. There's a lot of knowledgable owners here - and I'm sure after some time you and I will both be part of this illustrious group.

Enjoy the new ride, and do post some pix.
pcar-yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #6

Welcome PaP...congrats on fantastic start to a fun auto experience. Where in PA are you located? Always looking for enthusiasts near Philly and we have a fantastic PCA chapter here.
1998 Arctic Silver Boxster
stcroixdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #7

Welcome PaPosche,

I get to drive my 987 daily, and couldn't be happier.

I never did get it how people can have such a great car, and only use it on weekends (not including those who need more than two seats)

Jason
jderiansf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
PaPorsche

ThanX & No cruise control btw

ThanX for the warm welcome. I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I get around to taking them. It needs to warm up a little and I want to get some pics with the top down.

stcroixdrew-I live in the capital area of Harrisburg right now but I've been offered a position (transfer) to just outside the Philly area that I'm seriously considering. Will know by the end of the week. That has a lot to do with my decision to get this car. I sold my dually pick up truck to get this car. Gas prices helped me make this decision from getting 9-10mpg in the truck which wasn't making much sense.

The one question I need to find out is how hard it is to install cruise control or where/how much a kit for this mod is? I thought every car now adays had this standard but this car doesn't have it? If I have to hit the turnpike for some longer drives it would be a nice option. Any advice to a previous post about this would be appreciated. I'm not having much luck with any searches.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to PSL-Boxster
Welcome to the forum Pa!
when i got my box it was the other way around because when i bought it i didnt kno that much about it and since ive stumbled on the foums, im learning stuff everyday
congrats on the buy!

-- i have an 03 986 and it came with cruse control standard.. maybe on ebay or other sale sites there might a kit that is based off the cruse control system that i have. you might have to do some retrofitting to get it to work but i think it would but it is definitely a good option to have

PSL-Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote