986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Log In Problem. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/15505-log-problem.html)

70Sixter 02-20-2008 09:43 AM

When I open the Forum Home page I am no longer automatically logged in. So I log in and the login page comes back up. But I am listed in the Active Users column.

So I click on General Discussion and I'm in.

I do not log out when I quit. And this just started in last few days.

Not a huge problem to me, but maybe others having the same?

CJ_Boxster 02-20-2008 09:47 AM

are you logging in from a handheld device, cause what your discribing only happens on my iPhone

Topless 02-20-2008 09:58 AM

Yes I have similar problems here. My logged in status often falls out when using the forum menu or replying to a post. After I log in again all is well. This is the only website I experience these problems. Firefox browser compatibility issues??

kabel 02-20-2008 10:41 AM

I am having a similar experience. Used to only happen at the office (safari 3.0.4 on MacOS 10.4.4.11), but i am getting that at home now too.

I have it set to remember my login, but I log in and get the log in page again. I use the Forum link on the left and I'm in and logged in. Strange.

Houston C4S 02-20-2008 11:20 AM

I think the "Remember Me" button should be changed to its new function:

"Forget me and make me log in everytime"

What's up with that?????????

In other words, it does it to me, too.

derb 02-20-2008 11:32 AM

Check to see if your browser is accepting cookies from the site. Have you deleted your cookies lately?
I use Firefox and don't have any problems as long as a cookie is accepted.

Lil bastard 02-20-2008 11:53 AM

Frequently, if I'm on AOL, I get "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

But, I can always get in with IE.

70Sixter 02-20-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
are you logging in from a handheld device, cause what your discribing only happens on my iPhone

No, same old PC that used to log in automatically. No cookies deleted. And I checked to verify that the 986.com cookies were there. No changes - period.

And the other sites I frequent still work.

For the record I use FireFox 2.0.0.12.

Edit - The password is still there. I start to type user name and it fills in the name and password. As I said, not a big hardship.

Franco 02-20-2008 06:17 PM

Hi, Same here :(

Jeph 02-21-2008 01:40 PM

I bet I know what it is!

It does this because some links you click take you to WWW.986forum.com while others take you to 986forum.com without the WWW. (And sometimes it's not even links you click, but rather the way a page, or its script may redirect you).

Check your bookmarks or whatever links you click. Switching between the www version and non-www version requires the ol' login.

TriGem2k 02-21-2008 02:58 PM

This only happens to me when I use my Mac Laptop with Firefox.

It never shows me as logged in no matter how many times I enter my information but it does let me post and stuff. Very weird

RandallNeighbour 02-21-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Check your bookmarks or whatever links you click. Switching between the www version and non-www version requires the ol' login.
Jeph, that's exactly what's happening to me and why I am logged in one place and not another.

This is not a user problem. This is a web site programming problem as far as I am concerned. No idea if either Richard can get it fixed, but it's not us!

I guess I could change my bookmark to 986forum.com without the "www" to fix part of it as you suggested. :dance:

70Sixter 02-22-2008 07:23 AM

Changing the url to 986forum.com sounded like a solution if not a real fix. But when I checked it is already in my bookmark that way. As I click on it I'm redirected to www.986.com.

I can see my name as active, but still get the log-in screen.

Randall has to be right about an IT problem. Or...my suspicious nature has been wondering if it is a symptom of a hack into the servers.