Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2008, 06:51 AM   #1

Tested a Cayman S

Im a proud owner of a Boxster 987 Tip , it has Fabspeed exhaust /intake and Softronic software loaaded.

Lots of fun car, I did the Porsche driving scholl and learned a lot.This was Saturday
Sunday at the same track was test day.
I drove the Cayenne, the Cayenne Turbo (lots of fun) and the Cayman S.
The instructors let you trash the cars, with no limits at all, one of the most fun I have ever had.(doing 80mph drifts in the Cayenne Turbo was fun, specially having the instructor laughing and congratulating me after every turn I did I drifted and came out straight at full power for the next turn.)

The Cayman S Compared to my Boxster , much better!!!
Handling was better, more precise , les roll very impressive(this car had PASM , also my Boxster).
The power difference was more noticeable after 60mph , nice.
Sound , I will put the Fabspeed on for sure.

Something I didnt like.
The PSM is way more intrusive than in my Boxster.
My Boxster let me go sideways a quite bit and interferes when Im really sideways , where the Cayman S will control the car too early not allowing any slide at all.

Im thinking about buying it, and with the Softronic Sport crono , the PSM threshold is not so intrusive so, that can fix the intrusive PSM.
I will miss the convertible option though , which I love, so maybe will buy now or in the future, but will like to get a Cayman some day.
This test was at a track too, where I think the differences are more noticeable, and the convertible has no use.

Great car!!!!
Both instructors say the Cayman S is their favorite car, followed by the Boxster and then the rest of the 911's

here are some videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqjhBEuk2Fs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIQeCQh6Ulc&feature=related

I have some of the Cayman S that are too long and need to edit, will post them later.

motoadve is offline   Reply With Quote