Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #1

Don't put off your 2DU list

FYI, I was informed by the Dir. of Mktg. for a major multi-brand german car dealership (incl. P-cars) and ecommerce supplier that;
"On February 1st, Porsche updated our pricing on all of our parts. I personally had to go through a list of 2000 items and recheck all of our pricing on our website, about 40-50 items were effected by their update. This price increase effects all Porsche dealerships".

He further went on to say;
"Porsche sets their pricing, and we constantly have to make changes to our site. I can provide a list showing our pricing changes, we had bumper covers go up by $600, shift knobs by $200."

Still further;
"Porsche seems to monitor their high selling items, and they adjust their pricing accordingly."

In my case, the part I was buying for some upcoming Spring mods was increasing 64% overnight.

If you are planning any maintenance, replacement, or upgrades using Factory parts in the near future, it would behoove you to act sooner rather than later. What is uncertain is if the new pricing affects existing dealer stocks or just future re-orders. No affiliation with any dealerships or suppliers whatever, just passing this 'lil bit of good news on.

Last edited by Lil bastard; 02-08-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #2

Thx for the heads up.
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:27 AM   #3

List on the red clip is something like $6. In the old days I use to buy them for 50 cents, then everyone on the internet was buying them and Porsche jacked up the price.

In the old days Peter Smith came up with a simple wiring harness you could make for the OBC retrofit from a plastic connector sold by Porsche and wires sold by VW. I use to buy the connector for about $2.50 and the wires for $1.90 each. Then everyone started buying the connector and VW wires.

A local owner recently told me a Porsche dealer wanted $14 for the connector, and VW wanted $7 each for the wires. These parts are to fix electrical problems, and would normally be a slow, very slow, seller. But now everyone was buying them to do OBC retrofits.

I got pissed off years ago and went down the street to BMW. They had the same connector for $1.50. I told the BMW parts guy how Porsche had jacked up the price, and he said BMW also jacks up the price when they see an item starting to sell. Too bad I could not find BMW wires that were the same as the VW wires.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:59 AM   #4

Thanks LB! Good to know.
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
************************************s
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #6

Thanks. You encouraged me to spend some $$$ today.

I ordered the ROW M030 kit from Sunset. Only 4 left in inventory @ Porsche, worldwide. All 4 in Germany. Sunset says I should get the kit in about 5 weeks.
Sunset has a great price at $975 + shipping.

Can't wait to tackle this DIY in early April. I've done pretty extensive suspension work on previous cars, so I know what I'm getting into and expect it to take most of a weekend.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
Take a look at the Euro vs Dollar exchange rate over the last year, prices had to go up....
Owned and repaired Porsches since 1974. Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
************************************s
LOL Couldn't have said it better.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ei6sns.jpg
pompous is offline   Reply With Quote