Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #1

good clutch installer in Austin?

Hello fellow Texans,
I am looking for a shop to install a flywheel and sport clutch in my 2002 S. I am in the Austin area and aside from the dealer I cant find a shop to do the work.
As a side note, what should this cost?

Thanks!!
James

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #2

Dealer here is $1800. Good Indy german car shop is $1200. Includes parts but not the flywheel which both say is around $900.

How many miles did you get out of your clutch? I'm at 74k and I think I will need one in the next 5-10k miles. Dealer said most only go 40k. That seems low.
saaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #3

I am at 45K. I dont really notice the clutch slip unless i really punch it and shift hard, then it will slip and when I stop at a light I can smell it.
I bet if I would drive like a normal person, I could get another 20K out of it.
I am taking advantage of the worn clutch to install a light flywheel and a sprung clutch.

James

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote