Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 01:04 AM   #1

Custom Center Console .. with cupholders?

Hey guys.

I was thinking about approaching a friend of mine about making a custom carbon fiber center console with a cup holder where the ash tray is.

I have the one that goes into the little box under the elbow (sorry, cant think of the name of it right now), but whenever the car accelerates, the box cover falls down and rest on top of the drink.

Annoying to say the least.

If it wast just a one off part for me, I think it might be expensive to make, but if it was a group buy maybe we can get it cheap(er). LOL

Anyone interested? Price you would be willing to pay?

Lets assume for the sake of argument it would be all carbon version only, and no fiberglass version for half the price because I think the majority of the cost is in the mold.

vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:53 AM   #2
Rennzenn

Garage
another (cheaper) option

If the lid is driving you nuts, but you are otherwise satisfied with the cupholder in the box, how about putting a spring on the console lid? I think a light spring on the hinge would suffice to hold the lid open.
j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #3

Yeah, it's really annoying when the lid keeps falling and knocking my beer over.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:11 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
hey, this looks kinda cool
http://images.highperformancepontiac.com/features/0512pon_05z+1998_Pontiac_Trans_Am+Interior_View_St eering_Wheel.jpg
thats the interior on 4th gen Ls1 cats, and the cup holder actually is nice, holds the drinks in good.
maybe u can get one on ebay for cheap, cut the cup holder part out, and mold into the existing one u have.

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote