Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2004, 06:00 AM   #1
Forum Contributor

Cayenne Moron

Just stumbled upon this little story. Have a look at what he says about the Cayenne being a thoroughbred Porsche then what he says about Boxsters!!

Ignorant @$#*

http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2002.8.10.195020.694.html

sTTevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:51 AM   #2
porsche986

I love porsche but the Cayenne is f*****g ugly..

if i wanted a jeep i would get a bmwx5... the porsche jeep doesnt even deserve the porsche logo...

Besides i agree they are the worst drivers on the road and they are stuck up!

sure it has more horse power but its heavy... i mean a US NAVY SUB has 500,000 brake horse power and a farmers tracktor has 700 bhp... doesnt mean a whole lot..

he has wasted alot of money which wont hold its value..

i hate them

Last edited by porsche986; 09-26-2004 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:18 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Subanez
Easy on the Cayenne, folks. But take it all out on that pretentious bastard who wrote that article. And by the way, the accent he loves to put on the end of Porsche would make it sound like "Porshay." Just a thought. Apparantly he relates the cost of the vehicle to driving performance, which is why he doesn't feel that he can "talk about the Boxster."

See, not having a roof makes it easier for us to toss paint cans into the air at people like that.

I meeeeeeeeeeeeeean....

"I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. And then I ran some more." -Fight Club
Subanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 10:29 AM   #4

He is a jackass and has no idea.

"also get the better mileage that comes with automatics."

What an ignorant fu#@$r. No automaic gets better milage than a manual.

"thanks in no small part to their abandoning antiquated air-cooled and rear engined designs, which are infamous for producing oversteer and poor handling."

Rear engine cars have much better handeling, if you know what you are doing, which you have proved over and over again that you dont.

"like one of those sexy spoilers that make them go so fast."

Spoilers slow you down.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #5
Lux

Thought I read somewhere that the Cayenne Turbo runs the Nurburgring at a better time than the Boxster? If so, he has legit bragging rights.

But the guy is still a tool. I like his line of '450hp turbocharged, normally aspirated engine". Somebody tell him either you're turbo or you're NA.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:19 AM   #6
porsche986

"like one of those sexy spoilers that make them go so fast."

lol i like it...

i can stick nitro and turbo charge a scooter, it doesnt mean i can go around saying its a boxster beater...
Old 09-26-2004, 12:38 PM   #7

I hate to chime into this argument; but the spoiler does not always slow you down, it will cancel the affect of lift in the front which will slow you down.

I am only repeating experience and the physics of the subject.

Please don't argue with me, I am only trying to clarify the mis-conception, that seems to be so prevalent about spoilers, wings, air dams etc...

Before you do argue and I know you will, please read about it.
If you need some online reference points go to NASA

All I am going to say is do you think all the racing Porsche's would have them if it slowed them down. Please tell me because then I better disable mine.

Scott
mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:50 PM   #8
porsche986

I agree with scott,

the idea behind the spoiler is to "slow" down as when audi launched the TT the cars were flipping and the front end lifting when the hit 80mph

porsche found this out and added the retrcting spoiler to rise at 74mph and fall at 50mph. The reason it falls at 50 mph is because it would look silly if they did it closer to 74 as it would be up and down more times than a hookers underwear.

But yep spoilers are to slow down or cancel lift.... the amount of people who add them as they think is speeds up is scary!]

also i cant see the point of an automatic car, the whole idea behind a car is to "drive it"

Last edited by porsche986; 09-26-2004 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:40 PM   #9
Forum Contributor

When he said "The Cayenne is a true Porsché thoroughbred", and then "I could mention the Boxsters, but since they cost only half what my Cayenne does, it's a stretch to properly call them Porschés"... hmmm, I wish I could ask him what he think constitutes a "Porsche thoroughbred" that isn't in a Boxster and IS in a Cayenne. I can't think of a thing
Old 09-26-2004, 04:11 PM   #10

Sorry if I offend anyone; the original post piqued my interest.

That website is wacko, unhappy people with unhappy kids.

Everyone here should hope that you never have half the problems some of the writers family members do.

Very depressing to read, iinstead of hating him or loathing him, you should pity him with his bizzare post, and the threads leading on are equally bizzare.

Any Porsche - will never fix his problems.

Quite sad...

Scott
Old 09-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #11
Forum Contributor

lol...yeah I actually started digging around the site too... very strange. I wonder why it was shut down?!
Old 09-26-2004, 10:29 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
Morons morons morons.

I can't stand the misconception if you're not spending at least 80K your not driving a "real porsche". Sometimes you get dismissed in a Boxster by 996 Turbo owners.

What does price have to do with it?

This idiot probably has never driven a Boxster.

So many parts on the Boxster are from the 996. I think the Boxster has better manners in the curves. The Boxster for what it is, gets 28-32mpg on the highway, resonable maintenance costs, good insurance rates is a lot of bang for the buck.

I too was a skeptic about the Boxster. It took a Porsche salesman who new his product and a test drive to show me why it is a real Porsche.

Autocrossing against 993s and 996s has impressed me more about the capabilities of the Boxster.

an SUV will never be a sports car. Bells and Whistles, fluff and gadgets does not constitue a real Porsche either.

David
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:16 AM   #13

The folks in my local Porsche Club chapter don't seem to think the Boxster isn't a real Porsche. Nor the 914, 924, 944, 928, or 968. In fact, if you believe every whiner you hear about which Porsches are real Porsches, Porsche has made more "fake" cars than real ones.
F1CAR4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally posted by bamaboxster
Morons morons morons.

I can't stand the misconception if you're not spending at least 80K your not driving a "real porsche". Sometimes you get dismissed in a Boxster by 996 Turbo owners.

David

Unfortunately, there are TONS of 911 morons out there too. Check out this tangle that I had with this poser (swisstrader) on the Flat-6 site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstrader
Jeez, the guy asked for an opinion on a Boxster vs a 997 and I gave it to him, stating that a large number of folks drive a Boxster, while only few will own a 997...what makes that funny for you?... ooops, just figured it out by reading your previous posts that you are a Boxster owner and as such seem to be suffering from a serious case of 911 Envy!....don't despair, one day you too can be an owner!

swisstrader,

As tempting as it is to rip you a new one and remark upon your incredible reasoning skills (since you claim to already know my motivations for Porsche ownership MUCH better than I do), I won't.

Here's a bit of friendly advice since you've only made a few posts here: making any more personal attacks like that WILL get you booted out of here. I don't want that to happen, and probably neither do you. So don't disrespect!

On a more positive note, if you want to know what I think of the 911 and Boxster, look here:

http://www.flat-6.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10102

Cheers!

Last edited by saphriel; 09-27-2004 at 02:28 PM.
saphriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 02:35 PM   #15

Good post F1CARFORME
Old 09-27-2004, 03:59 PM   #16

This is what worries me if this board goes to the wrong hands, and If you voice an opinion and hurt someones feelings you can get "Booted" off a board.

Everyone is allowed an opinion, the poster "swisstrader" said "911 Envy!....don't despair, one day you too can be an owner!"

Who cares, let him say what he wants and move on, dropping down to a level of "I will take my ball and go home" is ridiculous.

If he [Swisstrader] had any good information relating to either repair or insite to a problem concerning someone; he would learn the importance of good comments by people ignoring the BS comments he may make, and only responding to good comments [this is known as extinction training.]

You would have him banned, losing that library of knowledge ["when every person dies, a library of knowledge dies with them"], because of a childish comment.

Scott
Old 09-27-2004, 04:32 PM   #17

You don't understand the context or history of the site. The Flat-6 site has been under a lot of duress in the last year because of guys like these making off-handed rude remarks. It has basically drove a lot of the old members away (many of whom had a lot of knowledge to share). Nowadays there is a strict enforecement of conduct in that site.
Bear in mind, I was not threatening to boot him. It was simply a warning of what will happen to him (and that isn't my doing, simply the result of moderator vigilance on that board). Do I want him gone? Of course not (he's entertaining...why on earth do you think I went out of my way to be civil to him?). But if he does get booted it was because it was his own fault.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:14 PM   #18

Re: Cayenne Moron

Quote:
Originally posted by sTTevo
Just stumbled upon this little story. Have a look at what he says about the Cayenne being a thoroughbred Porsche then what he says about Boxsters!!

Ignorant @$#*

http://www.adequacy.org/public/stories/2002.8.10.195020.694.html
Just a thought - Maybe we need not spread the thoughts of an "ignorant @$#*" far and wide. I vote for letting their thoughts wallow in obscurity somewhere else.
Ad Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 05:31 PM   #19

Agreed. Actually have you checked out the rest of that site? The stuff people write there are... pretty far out....

Anyway, I've realised that the fact that the Boxster is both loved and hated so much, and can incite so much jealousy, I think is very remarkable in and of itself. I mean, how many non-living objects have the power to do that?
It certainly is better than having our car ignored and vanish into obscurity.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:56 PM   #20

Re: Re: Cayenne Moron

Quote:
Originally posted by Ad Sach
Just a thought - Maybe we need not spread the thoughts of an "ignorant @$#*" far and wide. I vote for letting their thoughts wallow in obscurity somewhere else.
Ad,
You are being much too nice. I believe these individuals reside in the idiot range of the IQ scale and should be treated as card carrying members of that select group.

Pilot2519j is offline   Reply With Quote