Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Aerokit I Rear Spoiler

Anyone have one? Any pics of it installed on your ride?

How hard is the install?

Anyone have part #s & prices?

I can't find any info on Aerokit I rear spoilers so I may have to resort to;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/986-Boxster-PAINTED-Aero-rear-Wing-Spoiler-with-Light_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ002QQit emZ120209783833QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

but I would still need the TSB on how to install.

Thanks

Old 01-17-2008, 03:42 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to dmenn
Have a look at my signature for a picture of it ..

I think on renntech.org if you are a member you can get the TSB to install it. I don't have any info on pricing/installation as this was a factory installed option on my car.
dmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #3

A spoiler that big will have to be bolted to the rear trunk. When you get the spoiler it should come with a template to show you where to drill the holes. You would then drill holes in the rear trunk and bolt up into the spoiler from inside the trunk lid. You'll need to use a rubber gasket or some sealant to keep the holes from leaking water into your trunk. I've only seen the very smallest wings that mount with double-sided tape. For anything as big as this that's just not practical.

When searching for this wing (it's technically a wing, not a spoiler), don't forget Gemballa. They make a version of this wing that is almost an exact copy. Heinz Meis with Gemballa NA can probably get you one, but it would be much more expensive than the eBay source.

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #4

The wing mounts by 2 bolts on each side of the support and another hole is drilled on the passenger side for the 3rd brake light located inside the wing. The factory 3rd brake light on/above the trunk is removed. The factory also unplugs for the spoiler that goes up and down. Installation looks fairly straight forward I can take a picture of the bolts from underneath the trunk if you are interested. I did not install mine, it was factory option.
boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:11 AM   #5

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt

Okay Blinkwatt, opportunity is knocking. Here ya go, this just popped up on eBay today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-986-BOXSTER-TRUNK-SPOILER-WING-LED-FIBERGLASS_W0QQitemZ350016407357QQcmdZViewItem?has h=item350016407357

It's the spoiler you want with a Buy It Now price of only $170 plus $45 shipping!!!

Kirk
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #7

Be certain that's what you want, because it is not reversable. Usually you like it or not; there's typically no in between.

But it's YOUR car so do to it as you wish.
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxs2000
The wing mounts by 2 bolts on each side of the support and another hole is drilled on the passenger side for the 3rd brake light located inside the wing. The factory 3rd brake light on/above the trunk is removed. The factory also unplugs for the spoiler that goes up and down. Installation looks fairly straight forward I can take a picture of the bolts from underneath the trunk if you are interested. I did not install mine, it was factory option.

Love the wheels! Champions???

I also have the full aero kit 1

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis
Love the wheels! Champions???

I also have the full aero kit 1
They are Champion RG5's. Thanks I like your car too

boxs2000 is offline   Reply With Quote