Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #1

weird problem just started happening

After having my car parked since October of this year I decided it was a nice clear cold day to take the porsche out for a spin. I hit the unlock button on my remote and all the outside lights flashed like they normally do. I went to my friends and when I got out I hit the lock button on the remote and noticed that none of the lights flashed at all. At first I thought I didn't press the lock button on the remote but then the second time I pressed I heard the doors unlock and still no lights flashing at all. Later on that day when it was dark I checked to see eve maybe my tailight bulbs were out but no that were working fine . I checked again this morning and still the lights don't flash neither while locking/unlocking the doors. Anyone have any suggestions. Also one more thing I forgot to add I have aftermarket radio and normal the car makes a beeping noise after locking it which I read has to do with the factory alarm wire that is not attached to the outer cage it is just taped off at the end so that it doesn't make contct with something and shorten out anything. Besides the lights not flashing while locking/unlocking doors now the beeping noise does not sound either . Please anyone suggestions would be helpful

clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote