Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #1

Dual exhaust tip for 07 Boxster

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to Porsche for that matter. I just bought a new '07 Boxster in Arctic Silver - pick it up on Friday. I'm interested in putting on a dual exhaust tip ala Boxster S, but am having a hard time finding anything aftermarket. I'd rather not purrchase an OEM part as they seem to be pricey. I've searched on the forum, but can't seem to find any info. Can anyone help direct me?

It doesn't necessarily need to be an exact duplicate of the S tip.

Thanks,

Steve

ktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #2

I'm partial to the Cayman Sports tips, which would fit your Boxster. Here is a link for them new:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=98711198100&Category_Code=ext

Since they are spendy keep an eye on classifieds and E-bay for used ones.

You could also go aftermarket, like Fabspeed, but also pricey

http://www.fabspeed.com/cayman.html

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I was really hoping to get something that is less expensive - I guess I will have to keep my eyes open for used.

By the way, I love the look of your car with the Carrera Classics. Mine has the Boxster S 18" wheels and I'm not that excited about them. Are yours OEM or replica? If replica, do you have any issues with fitment?

Thanks again.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 AM   #4

Not sure how this measures up, but may be worth considering:

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/exhausts_replace_sport_boxster_987_cayman.html
necroscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 AM   #5

I started off with the standard OEM 18" wheels as well and decided to upgrade. I got replicas from http://www.wheeldynamics.com/ . No fitment issues they are made identical to the Porsche wheels. Wheel Dynamics is also great to work with and the wheels seem to be high quality from my experience. I would recommend them.

I'm very happy I did the upgrade, in person the 19" wheels make a huge difference in the overall appearance of the car.

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #6

Thanks drburton - I was checking out their website yesterday. I think I may need to pull the trigger - they look awesome.

Necroscope, that works out a little cheaper, I'll have to look into shipping...thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #7

Check with Todd at 4porscheparts.com (Hendricks Porsche parts web site) - I do not think you will find a better deal.
Bob Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #8

Thanks Bob, I will give them a call. I picked up the car today, and it's amazing!