Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #1

Photoshop Wheels (just color)

Hi Guys,
I love the silver Boxsters with black inner/chrome lip wheels, but just cant afford them right now. I also have a brand new set of tires on the car too. They are 17" and I want to go to 18". I have a friend that owns a body shop and will paint these wheels for me at a good deal (they have some curb rash), but dont know if I want to go back to stock color or something new. I was thinking of painting the inside (twist) part of the wheel black, and paint the outer lip the stock silver.

Can anyone photo shop this!

porschefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #2

When did you take that pic?? Isn't it snowing there yet?

Personally I think the whole black wheel thing is over done. But it's not too bad...

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #3

Thanks so much for the quick photshop. At first, I was like WOW, and loved it, but the more I look at it, I don't know. I wish others would post their opinions about the look!

Also, need to change my profile, I moved to Houston, TX and took the picture about 2 months ago!

Thanks,
Old 12-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
blkboxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschefan1
Thanks so much for the quick photshop. At first, I was like WOW, and loved it, but the more I look at it, I don't know. I wish others would post their opinions about the look!

Also, need to change my profile, I moved to Houston, TX and took the picture about 2 months ago!

Thanks,
NAH, i had those rims and hated them so i bought new ones that should be installed this Saturday, if you want to do something dont do it half ass , just buy new rims you will be glade you did

Old 12-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #5

Hi porschefan1,

I think the color combo/contrast looks sweet! If you don't like it, you can always change it. Then, when you have the funds you can get what you really want.

Anyway, as long as you're happy with it, that's really all that matters.

Good luck on your decision!
dcporsche99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #6

Houston

I like the way it looks! Hey good to know we have more members in houston, lets talk and maybe we can go for a drive with Randall as well!
juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:45 AM   #7

I think the black looks good, especially with silver.

Lest a good thing be carried too far, however, anybody seen the yellow box on ebay with the yellow wheels? Just a bit much IMHO.
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:18 AM   #8
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I think it would look okay. They almost look like the old Fuch rims, painted like that. It is all personal preference, so it's up to you.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:55 AM   #9

Yes Rick 3000,
You are right. I had a 83' 911SC Cab that I sold in order to buy the Boxster, and it had the black/chrome liped Fuchs.

The more times I look at the color change, I think I will do it. I think I will go with a lighter flat black, almost a dark grey for the spokes.

thanks guys