Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 03:53 PM   #1

German canvas, Sonnendeck canvas or Stayfast Top

My plastic window on my top has finally split and I am ready for a glass top. I have been looking at the Robbins tops at topsonlince.com.

They offer the top in 3 different materials: German canvas ($699), Sonnendeck canvas ($650) and Stayfast (599). Having had a Stayfast top on my Miata years ago I wonder if the canvas is worth the extra money. Any opinions?

It's amazing the price difference in shops to get it installed. A local shop quoted $650 which I though was too much. I then called a couple shops in Phoenix and they want wanted $900 and $1000. Guess $650 is not that bad huh?

Jeff

beersnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #2

I would reconsider the Robbins brand. I know a few miata people that are not 100% happy with their Robbins top, while I have heard nothing but good comments about Gahh tops.

That said, I would like to know what everyones opinion is of the different materials too.

Orlando - 99 BMW M Coupe (autocross toy), '11 Mazdaspeed 3 (dog hauler), '99 10AE Miata (the new daily driver)
kabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #3

I have a Robbins top, and it seems that people on this forum are overwhelmingly satisfied with their Robbins tops.
mjstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 AM   #4

I install these tops every day... Get the German canvas A5!!!!!!

Peter Serbanica is offline   Reply With Quote