Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 AM   #1

Exclamation Hydraulic Tappets

I am a typical women who loves to drive fast, but knows little about the complications of technical details. My Boxter told me to visit the workshop and promptly did to the sound of tapping noises out of the window of my beloved car. I was told that the Hydraulic tappets had gone and that it was something that Porsche itself was aware of, but wasnt recalling as yet. Suffice to say, I am faced with a £1,500 bill. Has anyone come across this problem and can anyone help me with trying to obtain some or all funding from Porsche who simply dont want to address the problem and recall because of the costs involved. :dance:

Champaign Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
bmussatti

Champ, what is the year and mileage? This will help to assist Forum members with potential feedback.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champaign Gold
I am a typical women who loves to drive fast, but knows little about the complications of technical details. My Boxter told me to visit the workshop and promptly did to the sound of tapping noises out of the window of my beloved car. I was told that the Hydraulic tappets had gone and that it was something that Porsche itself was aware of, but wasnt recalling as yet. Suffice to say, I am faced with a £1,500 bill. Has anyone come across this problem and can anyone help me with trying to obtain some or all funding from Porsche who simply dont want to address the problem and recall because of the costs involved. :dance:

The Box motor is generally kind of noisy in the lifter area. Have you noticed this getting louder of late or has the noise always been there?

Nornally, this is not an issue with the box.

Beware, this guy sounds to me like he is trying to hose you.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #4

CEL light huh? If you can get the P-code, that would be extremely helpful..
http://www.darkoven.com/sig.jpg
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #5

I had some LOUD knocking coming from the engine a couple months ago. I took it to the dealer immediately and they couldn't put their finger on the problem. They took it for a few test drives and the problem apparently fixed itself they said. They also mentioned the CEL flashed and they said it was due a cylinder misfiring. to They said is was more than likely a tappet issue..maybe it was something else though? I got the car back and it hasn't come back yet. I have my fingers crossed!

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote