Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 05:19 AM   #1

Question M030 question

I would like to know if I am clear on this designation as I am doing an article on my sway bar upgrade for my regional Porsche club newsletter and I need to be correct.

As I understand it the M030 is what comes on or can be ordered for the "rest of the world" Porsche cars in Europe etc. The US has its own specs but one can order M030 to be installed. Any correction or confirmation would be welcome and thanks for any help in advance.

AKL

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:26 AM   #2

There are two 030 suspensions. There is "US 030" which is what you could get from the factory for a US-bound car. The package includes stiffer anti-roll bars, stiffer (But not lower) springs, and different damper valving from standard cars. No change in ride height. There were minor changes in this suspension from year and between 986 and 986S cars. This US 030 suspension was standard on the 2004 550 Spyder edition.

The RoW (Rest of World) 030 suspension has the same anti-roll bars and same damper valving as the US 030 suspension. However the springs are different and lower the car slightly front and rear and the damper shafts are shorter to accomodate the shorter springs. In terms of stiffness, I have driven cars with both suspensions, and to my butt-dyno the RoW 030 is actually slightly more compliant than the US 030 - but it gives the car a much better stance.

Hope this helps.

John V is offline   Reply With Quote