Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #1

Good experience with bluetooth headset for cellphone?

Convertible users have a slightly different need regarding a bluetooth headset I think. Others might need the smallest or coolest looking. I believe we need good protection from wind noise and a loud earpiece volume.

Anyone have a good experience with a bluetooth headset?

I personally need something that doesn't go into my ear (I don't like that feeling), something that goes over the ear would be best.

socratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:15 PM   #2

I use a Sony Ericcson. However, its an in-the-ear model.

It has noise cancelling technology that is effective at cutting the wind noise with the top down. It allows the volume to be set fairly loud, which is helped becase its an in-the-ear design.

I've had people tell me they can't hear any wind noise -- "you just sound normal". This is on the highway with the top down (windows up & windstops). Its not perfect though. Its not that comfortable to wear because its in-the-ear; and its battery life is pretty bad.

Porsche should make an effective Bluetooth system for the boxster as factory equipment (and, perhaps, a stereo that was worthwhile too).

fatmike is offline   Reply With Quote