Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 03:11 AM   #1

Post Going to the shop today...

Going to bring my 02 S in for a few misc items, let me know your thoughts on the prices quoted, so to keep it fair. I don't have access to a lift or workshop anymore so it is mostly all going to have to get done at the shop for now.

(GREFF MOTORS in Metairie for you locals)

1. Replace Left Fan Relay Radiator Resistor & (3) Radiator Cleanout - $250
2. Install new clear/smoke sidemarkers etc. $40
3. R&R Driver's side lower front spoiler piece $20
4. 4-wheel alignment $215
5. Replace bad driver's side headlight washer pump assembly $150
6. Install REVO ECU chip 5-hour trial (free until I think I need to buy it)

Car has been extremely well maintained (all services done on-time everytime and brand new engine & soft-top under 10K miles ago) - Any thoughts on the REVO or the prices in general?

Still want to get my LCD AC Climate screen repaired (slight crack) but not spending $500+ to get it fixed just yet....it will just wait for now!

Thanks for all info.
Cheers

Last edited by meerzee; 10-26-2007 at 04:53 AM.
meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
bmussatti

Meerzee,

Will they take the front bumper cover off to clean the radiators? That's the only way it can really be done right.

You can do your own side markers, very easy DIY, and save the $40.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:42 AM   #3

Yeah, they pulled the front fenders and told me that it was very dirty, had tons of cig butts, leaves, dirt, debris and everything in there. (dirtiest they have seen to date) - they are going to pull them out and clean them properly. Told me that I need to replace a couple brackets, couple lower spoiler pieces, and an air duct (???) housing that was badly cracked heading to/from the radiators that will cost me another $60. Anyone know anything about this air duct piece?

The installation of the sidemarkers was included in the price of the markers. I thought $40 was fair for the pair including install. Love this place though (GREFF MOTORS), I dropped it off at 0815CST they drove me back to work and had it on the rack by 0900CST without a set appointment, just a "show up when we open" request.

Sure they are just as expensive as the dealership at the end of the day, but I don't have the hassle, the wait nor the over-zealous "mysterious" charges that I have seen in the past from such places.

Thanks for the info.

meerzee is offline   Reply With Quote