Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #1

Spoiler rubbing against trunk lid

Hi all,

The spoiler of my 2003 Boxster is rubbing against the trunk lid. I am asusming that this is not normal, but wanted to know if anyone has any idea why it might happen, and how to fix it. The spoiler works fine, it raises and lowers without any problems, but when I close the trunk it hits the front edge of the spoiler and I know that in time this will chip the paint. I can apply some slight pressure on the back of the spoiler and it moves away, so I've been doing that when I need to close the trunk to avoid that contact. The trunk lid itself looks like it is properly aligned (at least the front does).

I've owned the Boxster for about 2 months now and this site has been a tremendous help to me in learning about it. Any advice is appreciated.

Brian Tinnel
------------------------
2003 Speed Yellow

bltinnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 12:19 PM   #2

Did you ever get this fixed?

Did you ever get this fixed? I just bought one two days ago and I have the same problem.

Thanks,
Nick

2000 Porsche Boxster S
nweed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:57 PM   #3

You can adjust the deck lid forward and backward by moving the two M6X1.0 (ten mm head) bolts on the deck lid itself. There are 4 bolts in total. Two control the lift of the deck lid two control the forward backward placement of the lid. Should be pretty obvious once you get to wrenching which is which. Happy hunting

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:18 PM   #4

Had this problem on my '01S, noted @ purchase but thought was just a matter of adjustment. Turns out adjustment was maxed out, real problem was a prior rear impact "that just dented the bumper cover" (not).

BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote