Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to 7th gear
60k / is there a limit?

i'm due for my 60k maintenance. however, due to circumstances have to wait a couple months to knock out some bills that have come due. i however i still drive short trips and just passed 61k miles.

my question to all is how far is too far before taking my car in for the 60k maintenance? it still drives very well and i haven't had any problems. what harm am i causing by continuing to drive? appreciate your opinions/thoughts

pca member
7th gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
bmussatti

What was the date and mileage of your last oil change. This would be the most important of all. Do this ASAP, and then possibly delay the other stuff till your cash flow is in a better position.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #3

At 62k miles, the water pump went out in my 01. At that time, it was discovered that the drive belt was starting to go as well, and was replaced (the PO had not done a complete 60k service!).

Spark plugs are another thing that you may want to do soon - parts are about 50-60 (sunset etc.), and from what I understand it is a DIY (though I haven't attempted it).

Fuel filter replacement is also part of 60k, but I don't know about the effects of not doing it in time - maybe someone else can chime in. This hasn't been done on my 66k car (have ordered the part, so will get to it soon enough), and so I too am interested in knowing the ill effects of slacking with this item.

Last edited by bigb; 10-05-2007 at 03:12 PM.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
bmussatti

Brake fluid change would be important too, as you prioritize.