Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #1

Rear Trunk Lid Stuck

So I closed my rear trunk lid this afternoon (which has been working just fine)- then tried to open it several minutes later. After trying the remote key, the latch button beside the drivers seat, and inspecting it to find that I'm hearing the mechanism move when I try either method, it still won't open. I was tossing a jacket in the back when I closed it. Is it possible that the fabric got caught in the latch? Any help or expertise would be more than welcome.

justinbeltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 05:30 AM   #2

maybe, or both the cables snapped from the release mechanism. If you think it's fabric caught, then gently try and pry up on trunk lid while releasing w/ remote or from door as that should work. If it's both cables snapping at once, it's going to be painful ($$) to have the dealer get in there.

Depending on MY, there is an emergency rear trunk release behind the bumper. Here are some links I hope can help.

http://www.ppbb.com/boards/ppbbphp/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ARCHIVES&Number=1194491&Forum=ARCHIVES&Words=rear%20trunk&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=1194491&Search=true#Post1194491

http://www.ppbb.com/boards/ppbbphp/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ARCHIVES&Number=1194968&Forum=ARCHIVES&Words=rear%20trunk&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=2&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=1194922&Search=true#Post1194968

Last edited by Burg Boxster; 09-16-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote