Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2007, 05:54 PM   #1

Thumbs up The feel good post for Boxster owners

Hi guys,

It's been a while, but just wanted to pop my head in and say hi. Partly because I miss my Boxster . It's been just over six months with the Ferrari and I'm getting rid of it again. After 5000 miles on each, I decided that I liked the Lambo better. And now that the girlfriend has laid claim to the S4, I need a practical car again.

The F430 is no doubt a fantastic car and with close to 5000 miles in six months, I enjoyed it thoroughly. But. There's always a but . It's surprise, surprise not a very practical car.

I really miss having the Boxster and not worrying too much about where you'd go to park. That you could take it to the grocery store and just park it slightly away from other cars, but not have to watch it like a hawk all the time.

So just wanted to let you guys know that you have it pretty good . The Boxster is a lot of fun, 8/10s the handling of a F430, and something you can use in a lot more situations. If I could buy my old car back at the 42 that I let it go at, I'd probably jump on it.

If you know of a good 05+ silver or grey car in driving distance from Chicago at below 50k with the sport chrono and the PASM, shoot me a PM. I'm also considering getting a Cayman S, but don't know if the rigidity is worth the loss of the top down experience.

webster132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #2

Hey Webster,

Try Dr. Burton on this site, I believe he may have the exact car you're looking for!
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #3

"So, you want a Lamborghini?
Well, who doesn't , mister?
People who could buy you out with the change in their sofas go rubbery at the joints in the presence of a Lamborghini. Sure, raffish lines on a whooping v-12 are commodities on sale in other stores, but not quite with the same prickly Latin attitude.
"A Ferrari," an owner of both explained one time, "is the nice girl you take home to Mom and Dad.
The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep around with on the side."
- Car and Driver Magazine , February 2002

Having owned several of both, the lambo is always the better car.
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:00 AM   #4

5,000 miles on the f430 in 6 months! It seems like most people put on 5,000 miles in 2-4 years. Mind if I ask how you ran up the miles on it like that?

Can you post a few pics (int/ext) of lambo? (Your f430 was the red w/ beige interior, correct?)
JCL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:34 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
i really liked the colormatched calipers and dark tails on the lambo.
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster132
Hi guys,

It's been a while, but just wanted to pop my head in and say hi. Partly because I miss my Boxster . It's been just over six months with the Ferrari and I'm getting rid of it again. After 5000 miles on each, I decided that I liked the Lambo better. And now that the girlfriend has laid claim to the S4, I need a practical car again.
Is this a feel good thread for you or us. I only feel jealousy.

I'm messing with you. Welcome back
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:18 AM   #7

JC12L, 5000 miles is easy -- just drive a lot . I took a few trips too. Drove it to Minneapolis and to a fair number of race tracks (Grattan, Gingerman in Michigan). I have another 5000 miles on the Lambo during the same time.

Here's the interior:
Old 09-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #8

The Boxster inspiration originates back 50+ years of porsche spyder race cars..from Lemans to Panaamericana. loved by James Dean to present. It is a true legend...

Check out Victory by Design "Porsche"...
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #9

Drool over that lambo

You must have spent quite some time in your cars to run up 10,000 miles in 6 months! I think I need to drive my box for fun more often instead of just to work. . . .
JCL12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
bmussatti

Good hearing from you Webster! Can we meet-up before you unload the Ferrari and I store the Boxster?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:55 PM   #11

As mentioned earlier in the post I am selling my low mileage 2005 Boxster S at a very reasonable price. It does not have PASM or the Chrono but the standard other option; Bose, heated seats, xenon, CD changer etc..

I'll shoot you a PM, but let me know if you are interested, I'm in Minneapolis.

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #12

Webster, I am meeting some of the Chicago Boxster owners from this forum on the 28th at Gino's Pizza. I'll be in town for a conference.

I'd love to meet you and see one of your fine rides too.

Bill, you're planning to be there, right?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #13

Randall, that might very well be. Do post some more details or send a PM when you got the details.

bmussatti, the car is already at the dealer. So it's already kinda too late . Still got the Lambo, though.

drburton, looks good. I'm probably looking at getting a car with PASM and Sport Chrono, but if that doesn't turn anything up, I'd might be in touch.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
bmussatti

Webster, 2 weeks ago, when we learned that Lance Briggs crashed his Lambo, I actually thought for a brief moment that you and Lance were the same person!

When I saw that his car was black, I knew you were not Lance incognito.

You should do the "drive-get-together" with us on September 29th!
Old 09-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #15
bmussatti

Webster, maybe you can get this Boxster:

http://paul-miller.porschedealer.com/preowned_cars/info.php?inventoryid=343844

It is interesting how few Boxsters are available with PASM and Sport Chrono. I searched Porsche's web site for used inventory, and this was the only one I could find.

Good luck!

Are you still thinking about a RUF conversion?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #16
bmussatti

Webster, I don't know why the link I gave you does not list the optional equipment. But here it is from the Porsche site:

19 inch Carrera S wheel
Automatic Climate Control
BOSEŽ Surround Sound System with wind deflector
Bi-Xenon lighting system with washers
Heated seats
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)

Power seats
Rain Sensor / Dimming Mirrors
Rear section of center console in exterior color
Roll bar in exterior color
Sport Chrono Package
Old 09-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #17

I'm thinking I might get a Boxster with a top since I intend to drive it all year around (and already have a convertible in the Lambo). I've been looking at this one:

http://porsche.carouselautomobiles.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=8805681c4046381 e0097ed28fd46f7b9&bhcp=1

But I actually really want to get an Atlas gray one. But getting one of those with the SC/PASM option pair seems pretty hard
Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #18
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by webster132
I'm thinking I might get a Boxster with a top since I intend to drive it all year around (and already have a convertible in the Lambo). I've been looking at this one:

http://porsche.carouselautomobiles.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=8805681c4046381 e0097ed28fd46f7b9&bhcp=1

But I actually really want to get an Atlas gray one. But getting one of those with the SC/PASM option pair seems pretty hard

Don't do it! You can also get a hard-top for the Boxster...ya can't cut the top off the Cayman!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #19

That is one pretty car and I know you will enjoy it.

redwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote