Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #1

Nice Polyurethane Bumper - But to pricey?

I've been looking at getting a nice Polyurethane front end and getting rid of my Fiberglass one. I really like the look of the new GT-3 front end. But this price seems kind of high. Anyone else know where to get this bumper cheaper and still in Poly not F.G. I've seen it sell for cheaper but only in F.G.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260148789874&rd=1

porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche986spyder
I've been looking at getting a nice Polyurethane front end and getting rid of my Fiberglass one. I really like the look of the new GT-3 front end. But this price seems kind of high. Anyone else know where to get this bumper cheaper and still in Poly not F.G. I've seen it sell for cheaper but only in F.G.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260148789874&rd=1
Not much cheaper, but Exotica sells it for $1295 Including shipping....

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 AM   #3

Personal preference, of course, but I think the 997 front end looks stupid on the Boxster (only seen photos).

The 997 is one of the most beautiful cars made and the GT3 is the pinnacle of that design. However, it works because of the headlight design and the other lines of the car - neither of which the Boxster possesses

"It is better to enter a corner slow, and come out fast, than to enter a corner fast, and come out dead." - Sir Stirling Moss
J-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:55 AM   #4

I hate the 997 look and the 997 GT3 looks even worse to me, like if an RX8 and VW Bug spawned a child. Way too busy....and those cutesy round lights should have stayed on 993 where they look at home... nice and vintagey.

The 986 is a fluid design of elipsis. I see nowadays the move is toward straighter lines which to me look too Japan/Korea like. Even on the Ferrari F430 the lines have lost their fluidity and are moving more toward the bizzare Enzo 'transformers' look. I don't think this trend makes for cars that will become classics. Kinda like Lambo Countach, screams 80's.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RAD
Personal preference, of course, but I think the 997 front end looks stupid on the Boxster (only seen photos).

The 997 is one of the most beautiful cars made and the GT3 is the pinnacle of that design. However, it works because of the headlight design and the other lines of the car - neither of which the Boxster possesses
I don't know about that. I think this picture looks good. My car color. Besides, there is always a fender conversion to keep those round headlights that you like so much, but that would be the same exact front as the 997, which they do also make. I just don't want to go that way because the fenders are F.G. too for that kit.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #6

I think that photo illustrates my point exactly. No good!

But, as I said, to each their own.

"It is better to enter a corner slow, and come out fast, than to enter a corner fast, and come out dead." - Sir Stirling Moss
J-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote