Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #1

Sasch CLutch Kit

My clutch is on its way out at around 60k miles and I plan on getting this one:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

It's a sasch clutch kit. How does this compare with OE?

The shop where I will be doing the work recommended to also replace this flywheel, however he told me it should be ok for another 20k miles. At this mileage, is it wise to replace the flywheel too? it costs more than the clutch kit.

rene525d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #2

You might check with the Porsche dismantlers. They sell the engines without the flywheel and clutch...you might be able to pickup a good used one with low miles.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #3

Garage
From what I've read and I think it looked like Sach was the clutch manufacturer for most of these and LUk was the flywheel manufacturer.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
The picture isn't right but I'm thinking they would send you the correct kit. I just got the following kit and installed it. Works great. 00-04 PORSCHE BOXSTER 3.2 986 SACHS NEW CLUTCH KIT | eBay

They ship it Priority Mail free which rocks because it make it across the county in a couple days. Now I know you are not in the US, so double check that one you are looking at will fit.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #5
Matt

I would do it all at one time. Otherwise you will possibly be pulling everything in a year or two and most of the expense will be the labor. Unless you're not planning on keeping the car for more than two years, otherwise it will likely be the one and only time you replace the flywheel.