Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
I have 19's...and find the ride just fine...then again I drive an SUV about 30,000 miles per year too...so I am not used to a smooth ride.
I guess it's all relative, depending on the roads you drive on and your tolerance for ride harshness.

My M3 was a coupe with factory 17" wheels, and the suspension was stiff, but certainly not unbearable. My other vehicle is a 4Runner, and it rides like a damn Lexus as it floats over bumps, potholes, or any other road imperfections. I'm kinda spoiled with the great ride....but the ironic thing is that my 4Runner handles VERY well for an SUV. It has diagonally cross-linked shocks that keep it from leaning much on turns. The system is called XREAS, and it's standard on the Sport Edition 4Runner.

Even Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #22

the dealer will sell it as a used car

Hello,

The car that is in the show room, when the dealer sells you the car, the paper work will show either a demo or used car. yes, you will probably loose I think 8 months out of the 48 month warranty. If I were you, I would go with an 07 Boxster now. You might not get a good as a discount, because the depreciation on the 06 verses and 07 would be greater.

Hope that helps.

n4ally2 is offline   Reply With Quote