Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #1

SEAL GREY Boxster owners and paint chips

Seal Greyers out there: Who of you have done any touch-up work for paint chips? Which paint and which technique worked best for you? Any problems getting the paint to match? Details, man, I’m lookin’ for details. (Though if you just want to post a link to a technique that you’ve used that would be fine, too.)

I ask because I just did an extensive detail on my car a few weeks ago and it looks absolutely wonderful EXCEPT for the 6 or 8 rather obvious paint chips on the hood. I've decided it's an imperfection I can no longer ignore (in all honesty, they're making me crazy)---and have resolved to work on next time I'm ready to wash/clay/polish/wax.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:56 PM   #2

I used this: http://www.drcolorchip.com/

If you follow the directions and don't tip over half the paint over your pants and the garage floor it works pretty good, not as good as a new paint job of course.
Don't rub to hard when you try to get the excess paint off, do it very smoothly, then the result is quite good
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:39 AM   #3

What about wheels?

Somebody with a compromised eye-hand-brain system left some unsightly dings on my turbo wheels. (Wasn't me, I think it was somebody at the Kuhmo dealer) Are there similar products for wheel finishes? What is the finish on them , anyway?
2003 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton, White/ Black
2006 Mini Cooper S Silver Grey/Black
1972 Chance HOP ROD, red /w Yellow handlebar
wifesmainwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #4

This stuff is really that good? I checked out the website and it just seems too good to be true. I have a red boxster w/a couple chips by the headlight and would love to take care of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZang
I used this: http://www.drcolorchip.com/

If you follow the directions and don't tip over half the paint over your pants and the garage floor it works pretty good, not as good as a new paint job of course.
Don't rub to hard when you try to get the excess paint off, do it very smoothly, then the result is quite good

http://i40.tinypic.com/ei6sns.jpg
pompous is offline   Reply With Quote