Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #1

Typical price to paint Speedster Humps??

I just bought today a set of OEM Speedster humps for my 2001 base 986. Some people love 'em, some people hate 'em, and some just don't care, ha, ha! Anyway, I wanted to see what the going rate for painting them is?? The ones I purchased are black and my car is Seal Grey metallic. Anybody have an idea on what a fair price is to paint them?? I want to avoid the inevitable Porsche tax so I'll probably just deliver them to a paintshop in my Buick Rendezvous and give them a paint code as opposed to driving up in the Boxster? Anyone know the paint code for 2001 Seal Grey Metallic?

Thanks,

Mike Navarro
navarro@flash.net

thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
here you go 6B4/Y1
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #3

thanks djomlas for the paint code.
mike
Old 07-22-2007, 09:43 PM   #4

You can always go deviated.

Put them on and take a picture for my collection of deviated humps.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #5

Question

How much did you pay for the OEM Speedster humps? Are they easy to put on/take off? Thanks.
VS1400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #6

Toolpants,

I'll make a deviated humps picture when they come in, I bought them Sunday but they haven't been delivered yet so I can try them. I'll send you a pic of a deviated hardtop too!!! My hardtop is black metallic and actually looks kinda decent on my seal grey.

Take care,

Mike
Old 07-23-2007, 03:41 PM   #7

VS1400.

The OEM humps cost me $400.00 including shipping, I don't know yet how hard they are to put on/off, as they haven't been delivered yet, I just bought them yesterday. They should be simple to put on and off as the factory version uses the spinlock system to attach, just like the hardtop. I found my set on the PCA mart classifieds at http://www.pca.org I saw a factory set sell yesterday on ebay for about $600.00 plus shipping and that seems to be more the norm for a set of OEM. You can buy a set of aftermarket from a place called GT Motorsports for around $399.00 plus shipping unpainted. Take care,

Mike
Old 07-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #8

When I got my humps 7 years ago my friend who has a body shop painted them as a favor so I do not know what the going rate is. I have artic silver. He did not want to go by the paint code. He wanted to see my car in person.

He pointed out the different shades of silver that I never noticed. I told him to match the clamshell. His color match guy had a bunch of paint chips with holes in the middle. He held them against the car until there was one he liked. Humps were painted and they were a perfect match.

If someone really wants to be different - a deviated hump.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #9

Just as a point of reference for anyone in the future, the paint job is costing me $205.00 for the humps, probably could have got cheaper but I just went to local dealer in town and decided to save my time. Take care,

Mike