Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 AM   #1

Selling the Boxster

Porschelovers,

Hello from the desert. Due to an unforeseen circumstance I am selling my beloved Boxster. She is a 2005 Basalt Metallic Black Boxster with 35k miles, 18 inch Boxster wheels, windstop, Hi-Fi and heated front seats. I put new back tires on and there is 4k left on the fronts according to the dealer. She has 15k left on the factory warranty or 2010 (whichever comes first). I have all the manuals, window sticker, certificate of authenticity, etc.

She has had two new rear bumpers. The first was due to an inattentive driver rear-ending me at about 10 mph. I also got a new exhaust out of it with an “S” muffler. There was no other damage and I have the body shop paperwork. The other bumper was from a little spirited driving and I brushed the edge of a retaining wall so I just had them replace the bumper instead of buff it out. I also have the paperwork from the body shop.

This car is currently being stored at my parents and they take it out every Sunday for me. She is in beautiful shape and is very well maintained. I change the oil at 7500 miles. The only defects are the usual rock chips on the front. I bought her new and she has seen rain about 3 times…I live in the desert. As you can tell, I really don’t want to sell her, but it is the appropriate thing to do right now. She is my pride and joy and I will be very sorry to see her leave. I wanted to try and sell her to a Porsche-lover on this forum instead of taking her to a dealership and trading her in. I don’t want some schmuck or rich kid driving her.

Due to very limited bandwidth at my current location I will not be logging onto the website because it takes forever to load. Please respond to lawrencebengal@yahoo.com. Please be respectful and reply only if you are serious about buying her or have a legitimate question. I have very limited access to computers so please help me out. I am asking $32,500 OBO. I really don’t want to sell her, but I think it is the right thing to do right now. Thanks and hope she goes to a good home. Email me with more specific questions.

RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #2

which desert you in?
deano_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:22 AM   #3

I know you won't be able to read this, but, DAMN!

We're going to miss you here. God speed my friend!

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote