Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #1

So I get the wrong Lloy'ds matts...

Placed an order on ************************************************************ for a set of Lloyd's mats, Red with Silver Porsche lettering. Weeks later I get the floor mats. Very nice quality but they are for a 2005 987! And no they don't fit in my 986S.

I get in touch with Automotion and they say it's my mistake according to their order form. They say they will charge me a 25% restocking fee.

I go back and look at my email order confirmation that I received two weeks ago and there is no indication of model year. Just a part number: 914976

I go back to their website to check the part number. I select 986 floor mats and once again I receive the same part number that was given to me three weeks ago. I send this information back to Automotion's customer service department.
Apparently they have a glitch or a bug in their website.

BEWARE...

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:19 PM   #2

Let us know if they make it right. Or, more importantly, if they don't.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #3

Sorry you're having troubles.... you'll love the Lloyds mats when you get the correct ones.

Did you let them know of the web-site glitch? I'm sure armed w/ that info they'll waive the restock fee. If not, you may be better off putting them on ebay or selling at a local PCA event for what you have in them. I know I wanted mine right away but had to wait a few weeks - you might just make another Boxster owner very happy [instantly]. We're all (at least all the people I've met) cut from the same cloth and aren't looking to rip anyone off.

Good luck!
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:57 PM   #4

Sorry to hear your troubles. I got mine the same way but they got mine right. Good luck with it.
conradtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #5

Apparently its not a glitch. They use the same part number for 986 and 987 Boxsters. And at no point in the whole process are you able to see confirmation of what year floor mats you are requesting. If you made a mistake you won't know it and are screwed. They feel this adequate.

I called the customer service department and some kid who kept referring to me as "my man" said "we process too many orders to give different floor mats different product numbers". The logic of that escapes.
The kid raised his voice, told me I was crazy at one point when I asked him to show me anything that said I ordered 987 mats at the point of sale, and
when I asked him to explain how this is adequate his response was
"have a nice day" followed by the sound of phone that was just hung up.

well I just fired off an email to his manager and Lloyd's customer service rep.
And told them I would be posting this experience on various forums.

Advice: don't hire kids to run a business that sells high end products.

I'm debating whether I should return them or sell them myself.
And actually I prefer the look of the OEM carpet. The Lloyd's seems almost like a wooly shag pile.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #6

That sucks. Hopefully (I'm assuming) you paid for them on a credit card. Call them back, and kindly remind them that you'd much prefer to work this out directly than to have to fight it with a credit card chargeback which costs them money and causes them to lose a client.

If they refuse to work with you, call your bank, report to them that the merchandise received was not what you ordered, send the mats back to them via a trackable method, fill out the forms once your credit card bank sends them to you, and you more than likely will not be obligated to pay for them.

I really hate having to settle things in this manner, but due to past experiences, this is why I will ONLY pay for things online with my Citibank credit card.

Good luck.

Patrick
Cloudsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #7

I usually do two things. First I contact USAA to have the charge reversed on my card. As I have been a USAA customer for 44 years and have all of my insurance and some of my investments there I always have the reversal stick. The second thing is to contact the BBB had file a compliant. Sometimes when I use this approach I get a credit from the company and have a credit from when I reversed the charge.

I went to the automation web site and attempted to order the same mats. There is absolutely no way to distinguish the year of the car.

One other thing I sometimes do is do a search(sometimes the BBB has this information) and find the officers of a company and correspond with them. In this case I am going to contact Automation before the purchase and let them tell me what part number I need.

Good luck.

Tom
tombea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM   #8

As a credit card recieving merchant, I can tell you that the cardholder has all the power when he (or she) files a complaint, sends back the merchandise as wrong and has a receipt to prove the company got the merchandise back.

From what you wrote above, I'd say it's time to do this.

To get charges reversed and back on a customer's card is a nightmare for a merchant, and there's chargeback fees too that cannot be credited easily... in fact, I have found it to be totally impossible, even when I prove the customer got the right thing and the customer called the card company and said he made a mistake.

This will send a very clear message to automotion that they have a problem. I would also send a registered letter to the owner (if you can find his or her name) and explain what happened on the site and what went on with the snot nosed kid who hung up on you.

There's simply no excuse for poor customer service, especially when the customer has all the power to chargeback the vendor lots of money and hassles with a credit card company.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #9

I'm with the guys on this....I use my Amex religiously and if there is a problem, I invole them and let them sort it out....I wouldn't keep the mats if I were you and thanks for the heads up on the crappy site and service
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #10

That sux! And to think of it i was going to buy new mats from there in couple weeks....not any more! I hope you will get your money back somehow because that is just not right...
blueillusion97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #11
boggtown

Should have given Todd at epiq an email, I think he said he sells lloyds mats...
Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 AM   #12

When I started Boxstering 8 years ago Automition was a husband and wife company in Sunnyvale, the town next to me. The first Boxster parts I ever bought was at their store. They had a large mail order business, but I always went over to the store.

Then they sold the company to Performance Products and the store closed.

The good old days.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 AM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
That is unacceptable customer service. What a bunch of @ssholes! I will NEVER shop on that site.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:21 AM   #14

Wow Chills, that's a large pic in in your sig. Might want to consider shrinking that one down some. I like the color though!
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Wow Chills, that's a large pic in in your sig. Might want to consider shrinking that one down some. I like the color though!

Thanks, the color is great.

I started a thread for djomlas asking him to shrink it down. IT changed out my laptop and hasn't put photoshop back on.

The large pic will be shrunken soon.

It's not about the summit, it's about the climb.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q46/chills1138/2.jpg
Chills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #16

The rep on the phone was a tur*. Too bad companies don't understand the power of the internet to spread the word about poor customer service.

Anyone can make a mistake, however, service recovery is an art!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #17

I ordered my Lloyds mats from Epiq. I recieved personal attention from Travis [mailto:travis@epiqautosport.com]. I'm not really all that thrilled with the mats (I don't like the clip system), but the Epiq customer service was top notch. I received my mats in days, not weeks, and Travis even stayed in touch with lloyds and notified me when they shipped.

pauldee is offline   Reply With Quote