Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #1

fathers day run

Well I finally have time to share my fathers day. Went out on a mystery run and lunch with the local Porsche club about 37 of us it was a great turn out. We hit the back roads of north county San Diego headed towards Palomar mountain. Very twisty roads all the way to Palomar then came to East grade up Palomar Mountain where many a time a very nauseating run but this was the first time in the Boxster.

Outside temp around 80 or so I was 4 car back never took it out of third gear we were flying up this grade it was amazing. Or should I say the car was amazing. Once we got to the top we waited for all of us to gather then back down we went . Once we hit the bottom we headed east to some nice straigts up towards 101mph for me . Outside Temps were around 92 the temp On the Boxster was the hottest I have ever seen it and the other Boxsters all read about the same needle was on the last part of the zero on the 180.Then up banner grade Crazy turns on this one and we wound up in Julian had lunch then it was time to head home.

This by far has been the best time I ever had in my car. Just thought I would share my day I had to detail my Dads car Saturday before so I didn’t feel so guilty for not seeing him on fathers day lol

Joe T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
sounds like you had great time man. thats awesome, glad to hear that the box performed good
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #3

Yea all that and 21mpg

Joe T is offline   Reply With Quote