Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2004, 08:02 AM   #1
Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to 16psibrick
your thoughts?

Hi all,

new to this forum so i apologize ahead of itme if this is the wrong forum for this.

I recently did a rather elaborate install in a porsche boxster, the type of install taht I havent seen in a boxster anywhere else, so I was hoping to get your opinion on it...i totally understand if many of you think that a full audio system detracts from the pureness of the boxster as a sports car...but if you can give some thoughts ont he cosmetics of the whole thing, that would be great

here are the details:

1. the system starts at an alpine 7998 headunit, whcih handles also all the signal processing controls via its on board eq, crossover and time delay.

2. the front amp rack is a true floating amp rack design, meaning you cannot at almost all angles, see any supports that hold up the individual platforms the entire structure is held together by an intricate combo of industrial expoxy and screws. each platform was heavily primered, and then painted to match the outside of the car. on each platform, there is a crystal CAM 200.2 amp. one sending 400+ watts to the crystal CMP-10 subwoofer sunken down into the trunk floor below the amps; one sends 100+ watts or so to each door component set, and the final amp powers each interior sub/midbass with 100+ watts.

3. there are a total of 9 speakers in the car. the main ones being the crystal csc 643 3 way component set fiberglassed into the lower half ot he door. i spearated the halves, heaviy fiberglass the entire lower half, moled speaker baffles into them, and them mounted the speakres. the bottom half was also painted yellow to match the car and finally, the door was reassembled. two crystal 6.5" midbasses inhabit a custom molded center console sub enclosure that extends behind the seats and below the roll bar, the entire struture was molded in one piece and of course painted to match. a boxster emblem was placed on top of the enclosure

the entire system sounds pretty good, gets very loud and stays clean, and the midbass is phenonmenal

enjoy

16psibrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:03 AM   #2
Forum Member

Old 06-27-2004, 08:05 AM   #3
Forum Member

Old 06-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #4

Just add a Carrera GT body kit to this and you will be all set.

Last edited by mrmickeymouse; 06-28-2004 at 05:31 PM.
mrmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:12 PM   #5

doors are awesome...
Jeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:36 PM   #6

Agree. Very nice job on the doors.

I have seen pictures of a sub like that before on a speed yellow, but it must not be your car as the door speakers were different.

Did you do all the work yourself?

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:08 AM   #7

That is wicked!!! when will you start selling this mod to the rest of us?
Automon
Automon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:36 AM   #8

More pictures here.

http://www.simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/index.html
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:46 AM   #9
Forum Contributor

Love the door speakers!
2 questions:
Where can I get them & how do you keep from kicking them in when you get out of the car?
Old 06-28-2004, 11:05 AM   #10
Forum Member

well, acutally, i am the installer who did that boxster, infact, this is the same exact boxster the owner wanted to go more crazy with his car and i myself wasnt happy with how the doors looked last time, so this is the result

as for selling this mod...i am afraid that I would need the car infront of me its very time consuming to do and almost impossible with out the car infront of me

as for keeping the spekaer from being kicked, this car will slowly turn into a show car, whcih is why there is no grilles over anything...so the owner will be very careful

b
Old 06-28-2004, 11:06 AM   #11
Forum Member

oh as for door spekares, they are the crystal csc 643 comp set, i am a crystal dealer,and you can get them from any crystal dealer locally, but they are not commonly found like other, more famous brands

b
Old 06-28-2004, 04:39 PM   #12

hey 16psibrick,
I sent you an email about doing a simular install with an IVA D901 Can you respond to my request? I am in VA and would entertain bringing the car to you.
Write back to jfmillr@speakeasy.net
Thanks!