Thread: your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 08:02 AM   #1
16psibrick
Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to 16psibrick
your thoughts?

Hi all,

new to this forum so i apologize ahead of itme if this is the wrong forum for this.

I recently did a rather elaborate install in a porsche boxster, the type of install taht I havent seen in a boxster anywhere else, so I was hoping to get your opinion on it...i totally understand if many of you think that a full audio system detracts from the pureness of the boxster as a sports car...but if you can give some thoughts ont he cosmetics of the whole thing, that would be great

here are the details:

1. the system starts at an alpine 7998 headunit, whcih handles also all the signal processing controls via its on board eq, crossover and time delay.

2. the front amp rack is a true floating amp rack design, meaning you cannot at almost all angles, see any supports that hold up the individual platforms the entire structure is held together by an intricate combo of industrial expoxy and screws. each platform was heavily primered, and then painted to match the outside of the car. on each platform, there is a crystal CAM 200.2 amp. one sending 400+ watts to the crystal CMP-10 subwoofer sunken down into the trunk floor below the amps; one sends 100+ watts or so to each door component set, and the final amp powers each interior sub/midbass with 100+ watts.

3. there are a total of 9 speakers in the car. the main ones being the crystal csc 643 3 way component set fiberglassed into the lower half ot he door. i spearated the halves, heaviy fiberglass the entire lower half, moled speaker baffles into them, and them mounted the speakres. the bottom half was also painted yellow to match the car and finally, the door was reassembled. two crystal 6.5" midbasses inhabit a custom molded center console sub enclosure that extends behind the seats and below the roll bar, the entire struture was molded in one piece and of course painted to match. a boxster emblem was placed on top of the enclosure

the entire system sounds pretty good, gets very loud and stays clean, and the midbass is phenonmenal

enjoy

16psibrick is offline   Reply With Quote