Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 07:39 AM   #1

Question child seat

Hello-I just joined last week and I had a question regarding a child seat for my 2002 Boxster. I have called around to many dealers and have gotten many different answers. The answers range from Porsche does not make this seat anymore for legal reasons, it is on back order, or I did not know Porsche ever made a child seat. Does anyone know what the truth is?
Thanks
gerg

gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 AM   #2

The car seat that the dealer gave me when I had my 2002 in for the last service was the "prince". I had the earlier version which is much smaller and they don’t make it anymore. I had to have the airbag deactivation bar installed @200$. The seat works great. My only problem is with the tie down in the back. There is not an anchor point to attach the top of the seat. So I latch it to the roll bar and pull tight.
The prince seat is a bit expensive at about 600$ I think that it is the most expensive car seat made.
James
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:34 AM   #3

These do come up on Ebay regularly. I got one for about $100 that was like new. They are made by Britax. We also bought a Britax (non-porsche) for my wife's car. It goes in the backseat so we didn't need to worry about the airbag deactivation but it was exactly the same as the Porsche seat less the airbag clip. If you could find just the clip you could go with the non-Porsche seat but either way you need the deactivation bar. It needs to be programmed by a Porsche dealer. They wanted $200 for this service.
ROW M030 Suspension
Front & Rear Strut Braces
B&M Short Shift & EVO Billet Linkage
steve00s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #4

Related ???
For sure with the rear facing baby seat you would want the cut-off.

Do you need the airbag cut-off when using a front facing car seat?
How about a booster seat?

Sorry I don't have my owners manual on me to check

1970 914 w/2056 (sold)
racer_d is offline   Reply With Quote