Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #1

i'm one of you now...

so i had been debating an s2000 or a boxster for a long time now (2001 boxster s v. '05 s2000?)

drove the s2k yesterday again, and an '01 boxster s today. i reiterate:
the s2k has a great shifter, super quick reflexes, and great mileage.
the boxster has much better low end, and an incredible engine sound. i drove this '01 for 45 minutes on twisty fun roads, and was loving it.

looking on ebay today, i found an '02 boxster s that was reasonably (4 hours) close to me. it was almost exactly what i wanted: silver/black, 40k miles, 100k mi or 8/08 warranty, sport touring package, bose system (with upgraded head unit). only thing missing were xenon headlights (looks like a reasonably easy upgrade), heated seats (not a huge deal in birmingham), and psm (this was almost a deal breaker). the car was more than i wanted to spend (i was looking at '01's), but i talked extensively with the guy (2nd owner, owned car 3 years), and he babied the car--the others that i saw on autotrader for cheaper were both farther away and owned by brokers, with no history on the cars. this car has full records, window sticker, both keys, etc. the peace of mind with the warranty and talking with this guy made the extra expense worth it to me.

so you (and my girlfriend) were all right--i guess i had decided on the porsche long ago. and i guess i'd rather be a pompous porsche guy than a ricer honda guy

nola mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #2

Congratulations!

You'll grow to love it more every time you drive it!
Old 06-17-2007, 07:22 PM   #3

why would you drive a honda when you can drive a porsche?
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #4

why would you drive a boxster when you could be driving one of two Ferraris or a Lambo?

Makes no sense to me either!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:06 AM   #5

Wow randall!! took the words right out of my mouth!! I love my Boxster, but if I had those other cars, I wouldnt have the Porsche.
Gemballa red face gauges ..(FOR SALE)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2zzlq29.jpg
986speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 AM   #6
blkboxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
why would you drive a boxster when you could be driving one of two Ferraris or a Lambo?

........Lol +1
Old 06-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour

lol Randall.

I only have 4 cars right now, both of the ferraris were previous (I had them last year) the cars I have got "(currently)" next to them, so I have only the lambo of those cars. Normally what I do is I buy a slightly used car in spring (the lambo had 8k miles when I picked it up and saved $100k off the sticker price) or end of winter look around for a great deal then try to sell when fall comes. This isnt always the case I had my viper for 2 years and my lamoborghini Diablo for 2.5 years, but it really sux paying for them in Ohio winter when you cant drive them for 5 months. The BMW I bought for my mother for mothers day several years ago and I don't barely ever drive it except for winter when they store it at my house.

So when the lambo goes bye bye this fall then I have the boxster for fall , when we want to take a short road trip ,nice days in the spring, and winter , when I dont want to pay $5k a month for a lambo when u cant drive it in the snow.

Honestly I love Porsche's this is my third and convertables, I plan to keep this for 5+ years. But right now my girlfriend is driving it everyday while I have the lambo for the summer.
Supercharged Viper SRT-10 800 HP Special Edition #49 of #50 (current)
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster
911 Cab
Boxster S (current)
08 Hummer H2 (current)
BMW Z3 (current)

Limos in Ohio and PA - First Class Limo Columbus Limos

http://pteam.net/avatar3.jpg
my car collection *Porschephiles agree, Desnorkify your Porsche!*
pteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #8

Hey congrats - I think you made the right decision.

Welcome to the club!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote