Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 01:49 AM   #1

eye problem

Hi Every One,
My right eye is vibrating constantly. It's almost like a spasm. Is this something I should

see my doctor about?

JackKaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #2

Lightbulb

whoa! weird place to post a medical question! lol.........

Anyways, if you mean your 'eyelid' is twitching, then it is generally not a problem. From what I was told, it occurs because you're not resting your eyes enough. Basically, you're exhausting them. Try to catch up on your sleep and spend less time on the computer/watching television. Although, dont take my word for it, its just a suggestion. I'm not a doctor nor did i study medicine, so, just to be safe, you should see an optomotrist if you're that worried about it.

cheers
master_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:55 AM   #3

i'd never thought i would discuss medical questions here but my left eye is doing the similar thing these days. it never happended before i started driving the boxster. boxster related symptom perhaps? maybe i'm not getting enough sleep due to all the driving i'm doing in one fine machine.
spark00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:40 AM   #4

Jack,

You should see your doctor. You haven't completely described your condition (whether it is your eyeball or the muscles around your eyes), but it could be Blepharospasm. Blepharospasm can present in many different forms. I was lucky enough to be diagnosed with Benign Essential Blepahrospasm a few years ago. It is a neurological disorder, where basically, the brain sends a signal to the eyes to close...all day, every day. When I first noticed it, I started to experience a vibration, or twitch, much like you described. Before it was finally controlled, my eyes had closed completely, and would not open for nearly a year.

For most people, Blepharospasm can be treated with Botox injections in the eyelids to paralyze, or at least weaken, the muscles of the eyelids so that the patient can keep the eyes open. In my case, I am immune to effects of Botox, so other measures had to be employed. There is a surgical procedure to remove a portion of the eyelid muscles, so the patient can overpower the eyelid muscles with conscious thought. That, by the way, causes severe headaches and mental exhaustion, but it's better than being functionally blind, trust me.

You may very well not have this problem at all, but see your doctor ASAP. This affliction started for me in 2001 and it is absolutely miserable. It is a progressive disease, and there is no known cure. Perhaps, if you do have it, jumping on it early, will give you a fighting chance.

By the way, the condition is exacerbated by caffeine, lack of sleep and stress. Just something to keep in mind. Doctors believe that my condition may have begun due to an overload of stress following the events of September 11th.

Good luck to you.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:13 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to Darkhamr
Well if it wasn't for your join date I would have called

Either way, strange first post. Good luck with that.
Darkhamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:26 AM   #6

Re:

I also had that problem but then I got very good information from stopthetwitch.com
AidanAngelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKaitlyn
Hi Every One,
My right eye is vibrating constantly. It's almost like a spasm. Is this something I should

see my doctor about?

lay off the crystal meth.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote