Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 04:58 AM   #21

Cool

Wow dude.....that's alot of **************** to put up with, but you did the right thing by keeping your cool and ignoring. At my job, I put up with alot of bull**************** remarks like, "chick car," or mid like crisis mobile,' and other nonsense. I don't even reply as it speaks to THEIR poison, THEIR insecurity, etc.

YellowPorscheMan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:42 AM   #22

I'm sorry all of those thongs happened. I've not had any trouble, just positive "nice car comments" You made the right choice not to get drawn into all of that negativity, that way you win in the end. People who are jerks have to live with themselves.
funster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_986
And btw, I would probably beat your ass, so theres no need to imply that I cant by calling names. Understood? ...no joke
You should maybe take that pent up aggression to a therapist and tell them you can't stand up for yourself. Sounds like you're a lot tougher behind your computer screen than in real life.

P.S. My dad would probably kick your dads ass.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Looks like it's time for someone to post the e-Thug pic......
Old 05-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Looks like it's time for someone to post the e-Thug pic......
Good call...lol You just need to insert "boxster" in place of "domestic" with photoshop. Oh..and get rid of the stang and insert a boxster with a dent kicked in the side and crap all over the car.

Last edited by Adam; 05-27-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:21 AM   #26

Hater Experience

Somebody threw grapes at my boxster outside a restaurant, good thing it was seedless. Hate note on my H2 back in 2002, now with all the Hummers around he'll need a zerox machine to keep up. :ah:
speedyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 AM   #27

so predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Good call...lol You just need to insert "boxster" in place of "domestic" with photoshop. Oh..and get rid of the stang and insert a boxster with a dent kicked in the side and crap all over the car.
Why the predictable name calling? Did I hurt your feelings? LOL

Although, I must say, the e-thug picture that you posted is quite creative and innovative coming from someone who attended Eastern Illinois University.
Heard d'em students aint the sharpest of the bunch.......You would be a prime example.........agreed?

Last edited by master_986; 05-28-2007 at 02:11 AM.
master_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:00 AM   #28

Agreed...

Yeah, I agree. Although, Master986 you shouldnt waste your time arguing with that kid. He sounds like he has a mindset of a 14 year old thug or something like that. As you can see, everyone seems to agree with you M986, so its obvious that Adam is the odd one out who lacks good judgement and maturity. Just chill out M986 and leave the boy alone...lol :dance:

Last edited by batmanboxster; 05-28-2007 at 02:32 AM.
batmanboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:19 AM   #29

Wink

Yeah batmanbox, I know. I'm just messin around with him. You have my word, no more immature replies to the uhhh...boy.....
master_986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:30 AM   #30

Good to hear Master 986......
And by the way, Eastern Illinois University? I've heard some errr "stuff" about that school as well.....no comment!
batmanboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:27 AM   #31

Quote:
lol...I dont think of myself as a doormat....From where I live, its called "smarts"....Anyone willing to get shot or have their car vandalized because they cant control their primitive, neanderthal temper obviously lacks intelligence and common sense.
"Choose your battles wisely" is the saying that guides my behaviour and actions. Those who think that my choice warrants the label "doormat" are, for lack of a better word, just plain "dumb".

And btw, I would probably beat your ass, so theres no need to imply that I cant by calling names. Understood? ...no joke
OK, that was uncalled for.

You and Adam need to cut it out.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
You should maybe take that pent up aggression to a therapist and tell them you can't stand up for yourself. Sounds like you're a lot tougher behind your computer screen than in real life.

P.S. My dad would probably kick your dads ass.
No need for this.

Please cut it out.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:34 AM   #33

Quote:
This post is a continuation of "djomlas" post about someone spitting on his car.

Just curious, who has "Hater" or "jealousy" experiences that they wish to share??

I dont know about the rest of you, but I've had waaaay too many.
Heres my list in the 1 year I've owned my car:

1. Spit on my windsheild

2. Pink Gum plastered on my soft top!!

3. A full cup of coffee thrown at me while driving on the highway!

4. "French Fries with Gravy" thrown on my front hood RIGHT after I had my car detailed!!

5. A bunch of punks yelling at me at a stop lightl "HEY PUNK!! HEY P#$SSY!"

6. The expected key scratches.

7. Landscapers blowing leaves into my car WHILE I WAS SITTING IN IT WITH MY TOP DOWN!!! He was looking directly at me while doing it! WTF?

8. A bunch of dudes in a beat up Honda tailgated me for about 15km while honking their horn! Kinda scary because I was in a REEALLY bad area.

9. Some guy kicked my car while riding his bike!

SOOOOO ANNOYING !

Dude, where do you live? Compton or Watts?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #34

Bruce.....as I have said many times before.......Wise...you are.....

This is no place for cheap jabs at each other...live and let live.......
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #35

I havent had any problems driving any of my cars, I think some people ask for it by acting cocky and being arrogant. My friend who can come off kinda arrogant and full of himself has had his porsche messed up over a dozen times by co-workers and while he was at school (hes 22). I always leave my car in areas that i think are safe for it, or at least safer then others and I'm cool with everyone I work with and so I havent had any problems at the workplace.

on the other hand theres always gonna be a lot of idiots out there who are jelaous or just want someone else to have a crappy day
xxxalexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #36
Suz

I never got any weirdness with the 95 MR2, but someone spat on the hood of my 1989 MR2 once and I was really saddened by that incident. I did not see it happen or...things may have ensued. :-) The thing was 7 years old at the time but of course, looked brand new. Anyway, with the new beloved Boxster Anniversary ed, the first few days I had it, someone in a parking lot sideswiped it backing out of their parking space. Again, I did not see it happen. Unfortunately, It just happened to be the very day I mailed off the insurance premium....so I never reported the incident. But I learned...park very very straight in the space. I had angled it a bit, as I learned to do early on, to avoid the dreaded door dings. This has been fixed and the car looks new again. My plate is Carmah. While I do drive 115 MPH whenever I get the opportunity, I am a very polite fast driver....never ever tail gate, and nearly always let people in who blink me. In short, I try to "drive friendly" and just enjoy the car and life. I have actually really noticed people going out of their way to not harm the car. One thing for sure...I get parked in front at places now and next to high high end exotics etc and e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e seems to take note of this car! I did not buy it for status exactly. I love mid engined rides and really "feel" like my MR2 and Boxster are in the same league but clearly in the minds of the masses I am at an entirely different level now. I smile and say hello to people when I exit the vehicle and when i do this, i notice folks comment positively on the car. I think it is all in the attitude. Gosh, and that grin I cannot remove from my face probably reminds everyone of their happy puppy...whats not to love about that?
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #37

Incidents

I have had my car for about 1 year, in the first 6 months i had 2 incidents. The first one, I came out of a bar and somebody had keyed my car and draw a big circle on it. The second incident was, I came out of the supermarket and my car was all wet on the top, some kids came over and told me some guys in an older car threw a cup of beer on it. Some people can be asses for no particular reason!

juan986 is offline   Reply With Quote